• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

51716454240/51716454239 retaining strip/door left/rt.

Markster

In my re-assembly my most feared has occurred.  I cannot find a couple items!  ?

Anyone have the strips of aluminum that hold in the rubber gasket on the upper door frame of the body?  I am sure used ones are gonna be fine.

I will keep searching but I am worried the body shop ditched them.

Real OEM has them - and perhaps someone can offer up their bmw dealership discount and get them for me?  ?  

Mark

650-477-4744

You might want to go to that body shop and make sure you retrieve all of your bits also, the part numbers point to the upper door trim panel molding they are mounted on top of your door trim panel...Correction....upper door weather strip retaining strip! 

Edited by Mikesmalaga72
add

4 hours ago, Mikesmalaga72 said:

You might want to go to that body shop and make sure you retrieve all of your bits also, the part numbers point to the upper door trim panel molding they are mounted on top of your door trim panel...

I think I have the p/n right. W&N calls them out - no stock. Real OEM p/N.  Item two.  It holds the rubber door gasket to the under side of the roof. It’s aluminum and rivets in. 

I will call the body shop but I think the tossed them w the rain gutters I told the to trash those. 

• Like 1