• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The one with the most lights, or slippy tires, wins!

halboyles

I enjoyed that. Plenty of "Oh shit" moments and quite the mix of cars. 

My favorite screw up was the yellow 240Z.

Those guys in the 356's are brave. Those cars are worth a fortune these days.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

• The 240Z that didn't quite make the turn left a big chunk of driving light lens right on the line for the next corner...wonder if someone collected it in their tires.
  • The two front drive Renaults (R5 & R12) really hung their tails out and counted (correctly) on those front drive wheels to pull 'em out.
  • The Ford Falcon looked absolutely enormous compared to all the other cars.  One nearly won the Monte Carlo rallye outright in 1964 (2nd behind a Mini due to displacement handicap rules)--think it's still the largest-engined car to ever to place that high (the smallest was a Renault Dauphine that won outright in 1958 on 845cc).  The car in the video looks very much like the 1964 Falcon team cars, and may well be one of 'em.

That video must be from the early 70s--surprising how many older cars were running--the 356 Porsches, the big Mercedes sedan, the Falcon and the Jag sedan...

mike

• Confused 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It's rally- 

those with the largest genitalia tend to triumph.

Or die.

There's a die- hard bunch of 356's in SOVREN that actually go out and race hard

locally- I have a lot of respect for those nutters.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

2 hours ago, Mike Self said:
  • The 240Z that didn't quite make the turn left a big chunk of driving light lens right on the line for the next corner...wonder if someone collected it in their tires.
  • The two front drive Renaults (R5 & R12) really hung their tails out and counted (correctly) on those front drive wheels to pull 'em out.
  • The Ford Falcon looked absolutely enormous compared to all the other cars.  One nearly won the Monte Carlo rallye outright in 1964 (2nd behind a Mini due to displacement handicap rules)--think it's still the largest-engined car to ever to place that high (the smallest was a Renault Dauphine that won outright in 1958 on 845cc).  The car in the video looks very much like the 1964 Falcon team cars, and may well be one of 'em.

That video must be from the early 70s--surprising how many older cars were running--the 356 Porsches, the big Mercedes sedan, the Falcon and the Jag sedan...

mike

I noticed the driving light lens too, it looked like plastic, so not a big deal.

What about the 2 fwd vws in the very beginning? They were pretty smooth too.

Yeah the 1964 Ford falcon was only about 1.5" shorter than the full size Fairlane and the same width, It was a land yacht.

You must have missed the title of the video that says 2022 and the modern cars that rule the 1970's out completely.

I almost pissed myself when the Jaguar E-type narrowly missed the wall and was amazed by the Jaguar Saloon.

That Lancia sure made a crunch when it plowed into the wall.

The Audi quattro took a weird and disappointing line.

I thought the grey 2002 was pretty fast and smooth around the turn.

I liked how you could hear when the tires hit the ice and the brakes engaging.

2 hours ago, 2002iii said:
5 hours ago, Mike Self said:

I noticed the driving light lens too, it looked like plastic, so not a big deal.

Those were Cibie Super Oscars or comparable Marchals (both brands were first choice for the Monte), so they were definitely glass.  I wonder if the sandwich eater paused his eating long enough to grab the broken glass between cars...

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite