• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

other board down again...but...question...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

something weird happen to me few minutes ago, i was "racing" against a reverse hat kid in his coffee can size tail pipe passeo and the car start pinging a litle bit, then black smoke went out the tail pipe...i tought that my head gasket was blown, so i took the car to a clean spot, raced it hard, no more smoke. My question is, what happen with the fuel mixture when it is burned before it should?? sure it exit at exhaust, but wonder know the composition then...

Guest Anonymous

Oil?? why, the engine dont even have 1000km done !!

It never smell oil at the exhaust, nor coolant. I know it runs on the rich side, so i got enough fuel and also have enough spark, maybe it is not burned properly when it pre-ignite, or burned all but before beign compressed properly, then the weak compressed mixture is alredy burned and pops out the tail pipe black???anyway, next plans is forged pistons, 1.8 head, regrind crank, intercooler, programmable injection with bigger injectors and a better cooling system. I think i will find some day a piece of toyota piston in the exhaust...it pulls, it burns, it scream but know that it is to the extreme limit of some components...

Guest Anonymous

probably unburned fuel would be my bet. It could have had a little oil mixed in. they way to look at the mixture is to run in on a 4 gas analizer.

Sam Schultz