• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat lever escutcheon

esty

50 minutes ago, Charles in PA said:

escutcheon

a flat piece of metal for protection and often ornamentation, around a keyhole, door handle, or light switch

• Like 2

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Someone--one of the folks that supply parts for the early CS coupes--was reproducing those in metal.  Dunno if they're still available but I'll bet someone of the FAQ does.  

A couple of mine have broken over the years; the plastic was too fragile to withstand the flexing of the underlying upholstery, so it broke.  I repaired 'em by gluing  thin piece of aluminum sheet, appropriately cut, to the back side and reinstalling.  My repairs have been holding for many years.  

mike

• Like 3

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hi Esty,

my friend Joachim, who runs BTS Autoteile in Griesheim near Darmstadt, does have repros. They´re not metal as you preferred, though, but original plastic. I think BMW Classic has them, too, but Joachim had his own repro made before BMW did so. I do always buy them at Joachim - Darmstadt is only about 15min from Frankfurt, where I live, so fetching them in person does always include a nice "old BMW talk" as an additional advantage for me. ?

Here´s a link to his shop:

https://www.bts-autoteile.de/index.php/de/shop/1502-2002-turbo2013-04-23-12-02-57/innenausstattung-instrumente2013-04-23-12-02-57/chromblende-sitz-detail

On his shop photo they do look a bit creepy, but I can assure you, that they are not creepy at all in reality - just like new originals. It´s a set containing the chromed plastic part and the black inlay comes as an extra, fitting sticker. I like that, because (not original of course) on old type seats with chromed hinges I do leave the black sticker off - does look more consistent to my eyes.

I´m not sure on Joachim´s abilities with English language - if you would want to buy from him, I´d like to offer you my help, if there might be any communication problems. Shipping costs D-US and possible custom fees are something to keep in mind, though. 

Best regards,

Lars.

• Like 1

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Hey Esty, I believe that was my post from another FB Forum.  Was about to make the request here and you beat me to it!  Appreciate it,

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)