• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro headlight lens replacement

Zoeydebord

WWW.BMWPARTSDEAL.COM

Genuine 63121354383 Lamp Lens fits 1968-1976 BMW 2002. BMWPartsDeal offers 63-12-1-354-383 for $102.32.

HI all,

I'm looking for part 63121354383 as I have a hole in my right (passenger) side head light lens. My question is: the lenses seem side specific (they are asymmetric) but I don't see two different part numbers.

AND, if I understand all the helpful threads on this, on a euro vehicle I can remove/replace the lens from the front w/o removing the bucket from the back of the assembly?

Many thanks!

Until you get a replacement you can patch the hole with clear epoxy that will keep the water and dirt out, mix the epoxy and wait until it starts to thicken a bit before applying it to the lens.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The part you quoted 63 12 1 354 383 is Hella H4 lens

There is also 63 12 1 355 002 which is Bosch H4 lens

AND

63 12 8 650 125 Hella lens

63 12 8 650 126 Bosch lens

Confusing! make sure you get the right one as there is obviously some difference from one to another, even if not obvious.

Many years ago, I changed my Touring from RHD lenses to LHD. It was not a 5 minute job, and, if I remember, ended up throwing away the original rubber lens seal and buying new (also specific to which Euro bucket you have) after breaking one lens.

Good luck.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 2/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, Son of Marty said:

Until you get a replacement you can patch the hole with clear epoxy that will keep the water and dirt out, mix the epoxy and wait until it starts to thicken a bit before applying it to the lens.

I may do that, thank you.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:23 AM, 02Les said:

The part you quoted 63 12 1 354 383 is Hella H4 lens

There is also 63 12 1 355 002 which is Bosch H4 lens

AND

63 12 8 650 125 Hella lens

63 12 8 650 126 Bosch lens

Confusing! make sure you get the right one as there is obviously some difference from one to another, even if not obvious.

Many years ago, I changed my Touring from RHD lenses to LHD. It was not a 5 minute job, and, if I remember, ended up throwing away the original rubber lens seal and buying new (also specific to which Euro bucket you have) after breaking one lens.

Good luck.

Yes, it's a Hella H4. I'll be careful of the seal.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, Gordon said:

Or you could buy these 7" Hella H4 E-code lights and still be ahead. 

70476.jpg
WWW.BUSDEPOT.COM

These are the genuine article, imported directly from Europe and certified E-Code, meaning they meet strict European...

If I understand this correctly, switching to these would require all new buckets. etc., as the euro ones are not sealed and so on.

Is that wrong??

17 hours ago, Zoeydebord said:

If I understand this correctly, switching to these would require all new buckets. etc., as the euro ones are not sealed and so on.

Is that wrong??

These Hella H4 lights are plug and play for any car that takes a 7" light.  I have a set for my 74 tii. If you have a roundie, highly recommend you install a high beam relay.  Square tail light 02's have high beam relays built into them. 

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

1 hour ago, Gordon said:

Square tail light 02's have high beam relays built into them. 

Yes, the square tails have a high beam relay....but the power to the #30 relay terminal comes through the ignition switch (#15).

And that solid green wire is not fused!  

It would be a good idea to re-wire the high beam relay directly to the + battery through a 16A fuse, especially if you go with the higher watt bulbs.

My '02 cents for the day,

John

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gordon said:

These Hella H4 lights are plug and play for any car that takes a 7" light.  I have a set for my 74 tii. If you have a roundie, highly recommend you install a high beam relay.  Square tail light 02's have high beam relays built into them. 

The PO has Euro buckets; your H4 light recommendations will not fit. Check RealOem for the parts that are assembled in a Euro headlight bucket.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

3 hours ago, 02Les said:

The PO has Euro buckets; your H4 light recommendations will not fit. Check RealOem for the parts that are assembled in a Euro headlight bucket.

For my former Euro 1802, I remember going to the auto parts store in Deutschland and getting another H4 light for the broken one on the 1802 after my ex had a minor accident.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner