• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires for 13-inch wheels

ohgodno

7 hours ago, 73tiiDavidPA said:

I’m running the XAS in original 165/80R13 (with mandatory tubes) on original factory alloys. Best tire I’ve driven, dry or wet. Got them from Longstone in the UK, 4 days shipping to the East coast. So would buy them again in a heartbeat, even at the @ $225 / corner. 

I was running the more typical 185/70R13s - Sumitomo. Decent, but made the steering feel heavy at lower speeds, and the car slower. I also realized after getting the XASs that I don’t really like the fat tire look (call me a tradionalist / Luddite… my kids do, lol)

I want to run original XAS also at some point.  Mine still has an original XAS as a spare LOL!  I'm a little bit worried about going back to tubed tires tho...

1 hour ago, its55 said:

I'm a little bit worried about going back to tubed tires tho...

I just replaced a set of XAS 's last year with CN36s. Its worth it to try the xas's out if you'venever had them. The lightness and crispness in changing direction is delightful. Even an amateur can manage smooth 4 wheel drifts on the 165 tires. I had tubes in old 5.5 inch cosmic rims and they caused no issues other than the extra cost...

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

1 hour ago, Oldtimerfahrer said:

I just replaced a set of XAS 's last year with CN36s. Its worth it to try the xas's out if you'venever had them. The lightness and crispness in changing direction is delightful. Even an amateur can manage smooth 4 wheel drifts on the 165 tires. I had tubes in old 5.5 inch cosmic rims and they caused no issues other than the extra cost...

In the meantime I will enjoy what my 2002 came with, the Kenda Radial Kentica!!  In the incorrect 185/70/R13 size!!

IMG_5231.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, its55 said:

The tire isn't old but the wheel sure is!  Tire's don't show any wear yet.

I don't see the "born on" date on that tire - it may be on the other side, or that is an antique whether it shows wear or not!  I have a few E30 factory spares on bottle caps that have never been on the ground but I wouldn't drive on them.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif