• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heheh

02Les

Proving that they’re called ‘spoilers’ because they ‘spoil’ the appearance… ?

Dollars to doughnuts I could make that thing pop a wheelie by just leaning on that… contraption! ?

It’s hard to un-see that, Les!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

?oh my, I'm glad I didnt just finish my dinner... maybe 3 or 4 more bott..

Oops...glasses of bourbon will make it blurry enough to not make me sick...

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

I think I know what that "thing" is...remember as a kid those friction drive toy cars that you "wound up" by pushing 'em on the floor several times to charge up the clockspring motor (perhaps some of the younger folks on the board haven't seen one except in a toy museum).  Well, with this 2002, you lift the rear wheels off the ground, then several of your friends push up and down on the "spoiler" to charge the friction motor, drop it on its wheels, and off you go--for several hundred feet.  

That spoiler certainly can't be for anything else...and it's one of those rare '74 roundies, too...

mike

PS--I wonder what local fauna have been chewing on the front fenders...

• Haha 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite