• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Left rear steel brake line

JMinPDX

Hello I’m needing a left rear steel brake line for a 73 2002. Looking for a non rusty line with ends that are not stripped of course. Looks like mine was bent when I had the car shipped to Oregon in October and has developed a crack (and a leak) right where it screws into the brake cylinder.

Thanks,

john

John M (Formally JMinNJ)
73 2002 Malaga, 74 3.0cs Polaris 

67 NK 2000, 04 e46 330ci

Dude...it's a safety part...and it's cheap. Get a new one. They come straight but are easy to form and bend during installation. Part number is 34323412744 for the one that attaches to the wheel cylinder and part number 34326755571 for the one that goes from the "T" fitting to the rubber hose on that side. While you're there, consider replacing both rear rubber hoses, as those can swell shut internally. There are a million things on a 2002 worth saving a few bucks on...brake pipes are not among them.  50 year old brake pipes...are 50 years old. ?

Carry on and good luck!

Paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

43 minutes ago, wegweiser said:

Dude...it's a safety part...and it's cheap. Get a new one. They come straight but are easy to form and bend during installation. Part number is 34323412744 for the one that attaches to the wheel cylinder and part number 34326755571 for the one that goes from the "T" fitting to the rubber hose on that side. While you're there, consider replacing both rear rubber hoses, as those can swell shut internally. There are a million things on a 2002 worth saving a few bucks on...brake pipes are not among them.  50 year old brake pipes...are 50 years old. ?

Carry on and good luck!

Paul

Took your advice Paul. Didn’t realize lines could still be bought individually. 
Thanks!

• Like 1

John M (Formally JMinNJ)
73 2002 Malaga, 74 3.0cs Polaris 

67 NK 2000, 04 e46 330ci

I don't generally tell people how to spend their money - because I know that for many people, keeping a 2002 on the road is difficult financially... but I'm always glad when I see someone get "the good stuff" for their braking or suspension / steering system. Money well spent. 

NOTE: Getting the latest shiny aftermarket "upgrade" version of a part is not always "the good stuff". 

Cheers!

Paul

Edited by wegweiser
  • Like 1

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com