• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Stock seat(s) for a 69

JohnP_02

Looking for one or two stock seats for the 69 I picked up last summer. The cars original seats are long gone and the e21 replacements are destroyed. I have one sport seat I will likely use as the drivers seat, so even one decent stock seat for the passenger side would be helpful as a stop gap. Condition is no issue, I can have it redone. Just would be nice to have a stock one with the car at some point. 

Not sure if the seats in the picture are 100% correct, but looking for something like these: 

A4D5A611-62C3-40C1-A7B1-1F9B73E5CCA2.thumb.jpeg.6fd3861a686be501d726dfc9f52db89f.jpeg

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

John,

I don’t know how nutty you want to be on this issue, but two points:

First, I believe it might have been during 1969 that the front seats shifted from “wide backs” to the later “narrow back”. If I recall, Mike’s (@Mike Self) February 1969 example has wide backs. We’ve discussed this topic previously and I believe we had some inkling as to when the changeover occurred, but certainly post-February 1969.

Second, headrests appeared on U.S.-bound cars just before the end of calendar 1968. This means that the earliest U.S. 1969 models, beginning in September 1968, had no headrests.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

7 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I don’t know how nutty you want to be on this issue

I think you know me well enough to be able to answer that question ?

So yes, I would certainly like to find the correct seat. But honestly early 69 vs later 69 wouldn't really bother me all that much. I do have a later 69, built in 69 so maybe that will help narrow it down. 

I am just curious what is out there, or if anyone has any not in use. Ill post some pictures of the brochure I have later, I forgot I had one when I initially posted. Thanks!

• Like 1

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels