• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BimmerLife Central Edition - MidAmeria'02 Fest

jimk

1 hour ago, jimk said:

Did anyone else locate their car in the ad on pg 75, out of the 68 car pictures?

Post a link so we can look too...

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Vern is in the front with the opened sunroof. I am plainly visible at the far side rear quarter with my blue & white shirt. Jim Denker next to me in a Sahara shirt. 

592EC6B1-7DA7-4482-BDE2-8DC145E262E2.jpeg

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

1 hour ago, Mike Self said:

Post a link so we can look too...

Ya can’t really link directly to a page in the print editions of BimmerLife - they’re shown in a online ‘viewer’. Grabbed this from a PDF of that page…

cool - like a Matchbox collection!

DDF3BC60-7503-4F04-BE6D-A1B27560D29E.jpeg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

3 hours ago, visionaut said:

Better get them magnifying glasses out. They’re less than 1/2” each… ?

I did and could only identify mine by the Drive4Corners sticker on the window, Row 6, 10th car.

When are we gonna see your car in the group?

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I stood next to Andrew Wilson for two reasons: 1. He is my friend. 2. With that "Where's Waldo?" shirt on, I knew I that could spot him and therefore myself in the photo!

2 hours ago, adawil2002 said:

I am plainly visible at the far side rear quarter with my blue & white shirt. Jim Denker next to me in a Sahara shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

In the poster, I (think) Ludwig is in the second row from the top, second car from the right.  Lotsa Sahara cars in the picture!  

In the mass gaggle shot (2nd one) my car is way in the back and I'm in there somewhere...didn't have the good sense to stand next to Andrew and his Waldo shirt. 

And in the picture Barney posted, Ludwig is the 7th car in, backed up against the nearside curb.  And I'm standing just in front of the Agave NK sedan...

Hope to see y'all there this year--and don't forget the Dayton to Eureka Springs caravan!   Five cars so far.  PM me for more info.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

17225306_Mid-AmPoster2019.thumb.jpg.44061442162c8ecd70cdc66ad9955488.jpg

In Barney's shot, I'm front center, gaggle shot I'm way in the back unseeable .  Poster, second row up from bottom, third car in from left.

Good times.  To be had again, very soon.

Don

Edited by beammmer
  • Like 4

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

20 hours ago, jimk said:

When are we gonna see your car in the group?

I dunno Jim. I’m sure it’d be fun once there. I’m just not a fan of 12hr drives in the 02. The ‘all-in’ experience that I love driving it wears out quickly even after 6hrs. 2-3hrs is my sweet spot. Else enjoyment spoils into endurance. I guess I’m more a sprinter than a distance runner… I think about it tho. Got a teleporter?

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

10 hours ago, visionaut said:

I dunno Jim. I’m sure it’d be fun once there. I’m just not a fan of 12hr drives in the 02. The ‘all-in’ experience that I love driving it wears out quickly even after 6hrs. 2-3hrs is my sweet spot. Else enjoyment spoils into endurance. I guess I’m more a sprinter than a distance runner… I think about it tho. Got a teleporter?

Take that "I'll drive" out of your sigline.

:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

And don't miss the "2002 Forever Chapter" writeups on page 83.  And then scan the middle QR code on the left side bar to join up if you haven't already.  This non-regional (read "national') chapter should be one of the largest chapters in BMW CCA simply based on the level of community enthusiasm.  We are only around 400 members today, so join and help make the chapter grow.

Why join?

The idea behind this chapter is that the many 2002 aficionados in the country can benefit from the greater association with other like-minded individuals. Information exchange, parts and technical location, event publicity, event insurance, and more! Additionally, we would like to see greater participation of BMW 2002 owners at BMW CCA National & Regional events. All possible by working together.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png