• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A strange observation (ebay related)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A phenomenon not lost on other enthusiasts of the horseless carriage- Canadian folks take very good care of their cars. I know of a fellow, a serious muscle car collector, who has found some of the most awesome original Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles, etc up there. And the stories! In 1966, three best friends and their wives in Winnepeg ordered three nearly identical 427 Corvettes. All went to Detroit to pick them up on the same day, and drove them home. They have consecutive vins. They all shared their love of those cars thru the years with road trips, photos, etc. Time has passed, and a couple of the old fellows have passed on, and this guy acquired two of the three Corvettes and has the third one located. The cars are as new, with documentation down to every tank of fuel, with under 30K miles. This type of story is common in Canada. And some of the nicest, high-quality people we have met in the car guy world are Canadian. Over the last several years of going to events like Barrett-Jackson, they stand out as by far the best folks and with the best cars.

Guest Anonymous

Cars around here (southern/coastal B.C.) generally don't rack up as many miles as cars from many areas of the U.S. We just don't have gazillions of miles of highways like many places in the U.S. I'm convinced you can find better E21 5-speeds and LSDs in southwestern B.C. than you can in Calif. because of this.

Another big reason is that anywhere east of the Rockies, tons of salt gets used in the winter. So unless someone garages their baby every winter, cars just don't last that long. You can always spot a car from eastern Canada in a wrecking yard, because there's no sheet steel left on the lower half of it. Eastern parts cars therefore simply don't have that many miles on them compared to say, Calif.

However, because eastern cars don't last as long, they end up in crushers much sooner. Older parts cars can be hard to find here.

I've been told that more BMW E21s were sold in Canada than US, but there are way more of them in junkyards in the US.

Gil

72 Tii

Guest Anonymous

I've purchased a few items from ebay from sellers in the Great White North. For some reason there are a lot of quality parts that show up on ebay from our neighbors. You would figure that you'd find more stuff out of SoCal than anywhere else, but of all the ebay stuff I've bought, the stuff from Canada is always great. Just weird cause I saw a set of roundie taillights on the bay that are in great shape from Calgary

Guest Anonymous

Ron you are also right on. I collect Chevy Impalas also and MANY nice show up for sale in B.C...as do Volvo 122S "Amazon" GT's. They are always dry as the socal examples, but much better taken care of. What a beautiful place. However anywhere east of B.C. this is not true. I recently sold a rust free '76 sunroof car to a customer in Calgary. 02's up there are mostly all long gone with plenty of spares around because of this., Daaren you around how's that car coming?? He flew in to LAX and drove that sucker home, 1900 miles! Now that's a real 02 dude.

Guest Anonymous

Sheila: Time's have changed

Our kids are kids are getting worse

They wont obey their parents

They just want to fart and curse!

Sharon: Should we blame the government?

Liane: Or blame society?

Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?

Sheila: No, blame Canada

Everyone: Blame Canada

Sheila: With all their beady little eyes

And flappin heads so full of lies

Blame Canada

Sheila: We need to form a full assault

Everyone: It's Canadas fault!

Sharon: Don't blame me

For my son Stan

He saw the darn cartoon

And now he's off to join the Klan!

Liane: And my boy Eric once

Had my picture on his shelf

But now when I see him he tells me to fuck myself!

Sheila: Well, blame Canada

It seems that everythings gone wrong

Since Canada came along

Blame Canada

Some Guy: There not even a real country anyway

Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer it's true

Instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue

Everyone: Should we blame the matches?

Should we blame the fire?

Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?

Sheila: Heck no!

Blame Canada

Sheila: With all their hockey hubbabaloo

Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too

Shame on Canada

The smut we must stop

The trash we must smash

Laughter and fun

must all be undone

We must blame them and cause a fuss

Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Guest Anonymous

I bought the C/R 5-speed from Gil that was on Ebay and can't say enough about how great the transaction went. As it turns out, I sold it to Ben Thongsai and it turned out to be a very good trans.

I think the Southwest has more entrepeneurs dealing in the maintenance, modification, and daily use of these cars. I would bet that there are at least 4 people here that check Ecology and other wrecking yards at least once a month.

In fact, I check the local ads all the time and I see more 02s that have been driven daily all their life -- drive hard and put away wet -- then you can imagine. It's not unusual to see 25+ 02s for sale at any one time within 75 miles of me.

Brian

Guest Anonymous

1900 miles !! What a light-weight! I flew to LA 2 yrs ago, bought the '73tii I had negotiated 2 months over email, up in the desert in Palmdale from a young Lockheed engineer (has original "Zipper BMW - Beverly Hills" license frames), and drove it home to Anchorage Alaska!! What a great cruise that was. Wish I could have made the time to drive it all the way to Spartanburg for 02-02-02, but that proved impossible with life schedule here (and winter).

Eric

'69 ti wannabe

'71

'73 tii

free '69 future project awaiting

and some 320iS's for winter drivers