• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Cold Weather Grill Covers

bavariaboy

Driving it in the road salt? Yikes! I predict that next year you'll be shopping for rocker panels and floor pans...and buying a welder. 

Good luck in your search for those. There gotta be at least three or four of them on the planet Earth, right? 

Also - Here's my Pennsylvania 2002 named "Lily" as well! 

8AD6EBA6-9F3B-462B-A4D1-C85E4A18355D_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 2

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Paul, yes, I drive Lilli all winter and the other three seasons. 

And we both know what a saltaholic PENDOT is. And let us not forget the Brine, poisoning the ground water as much as the salt.  But Lilli never leaves the garage until ALL the salt has been washed away by the rain and the day is sunny and clear. And with Climate Change our winters here in Bucks County are producing almost as much rain as snow. 

Lilli spent all of her previous 44 years in climate controlled garages. She has a mere 82,000 miles on her clock and is original as you can find. 

Your Lilly is a stunner. What is the color, can't tell from screen. Interesting front bumper. Is it meant to be a compromise between delicate chrome and diving board?

My Lilli now runs original period correct 13" Alpina's with original Alpina valve stem caps.

Steve

20200717_163037_resized_13.jpg

• Like 1

My Lily is "Bristol" gray. Paint from belt trim upwards is original. She's come a long way since the day I dragged her home, 3 years ago. 

If your car needs these block off oven mitt things to stay warm, I'd start with a warmer thermostat and cleaning out your heater core. And the smallest red engine fan you can find. If the radiator is in good shape, you don't need the bigger (noisier) 400mm fan. Bet T shamed me with this info a few years ago - and he was absolutely correct! 

C1E65782-5376-4FD2-B586-B6EDF6061E1C.jpeg

Paul Wegweiser

Nice cars gentlemen.  My 74 tii has spent its entire life in PA, a lot more years in PA than I have to be sure. I am hoping this will be the year I can make a side trip down from Erie to visit Zenwrench, perhaps the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in July.  Also looking forward to doing Oktoberfest again in Asbury with Steve and his crew.  Cheers, Charles

1974 2002tii Schwarz 

1973 Bavaria Sahara

1976 2002 Sahara once upon a time

1 hour ago, Charles in PA said:

Nice cars gentlemen.  My 74 tii has spent its entire life in PA, a lot more years in PA than I have to be sure. I am hoping this will be the year I can make a side trip down from Erie to visit Zenwrench, perhaps the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix in July.  Also looking forward to doing Oktoberfest again in Asbury with Steve and his crew.  Cheers, Charles

I grew up in Edinboro, and my parents bought their first BMW at "Alfred's Foreign Cars" near the Erie airport... I remember playing hide and go seek in the showroom, surrounded by brand new 2002s and bavarias...while Wolfgang was just a 20-something working for Alfred! Sadly we lost Alfred a couple years ago - and Wolfgang's health has been pretty rough these last few years. 

I'm in "Harmony" - about 90 miles south of you - an easy drive for a visit! Holler any time, if I can help!

https://www.facebook.com/zenwrenchpaul

• Like 2

Paul Wegweiser

Paul,

It may be worth your time to drive to this year's Oktoberfest in Asbury(not Asbury Park) NJ.  Dirk who heads the BMWCCCA is leading a contingent of as many as 15 cars. They will ship of course, attend Oktoberfest on Oct. 1 and tour the Hudson Valley and New England for a week, arriving at the Vintage at Saratoga that Saturday.

We are mounting a serious ad campaign to draw cars from all over the NE. German cars in general, BMWs in particular. Send me your email and I will add you to the Rocket Dog list, a group of 2002 and coupe owners in Bucks and surrounding counties and states.

Steve

• Like 2

Paul,

One of the first BMW dealers in the country opened in Ottsville, Bucks County. A modest show room and service area. Those were the days when we knew the mechanics and coul wander back into the service area. Taylor Motors, I have a 1976 2002 show room brochure with their stamp on it. When they closed a local BMW shop, Zigmunt Motors bought ALL the new parts. So when a coupe buddy needed a new engine, Ziggy had a factory crate engine. When my windshield washer pump stopped working Ziggy had a new in the box pump. $87.00.

Another buddy who owns a Turbo and an e30 M3, he races and instructs, bought all of Taylor's used parts.  Interesting that back then small dealers kept and sold used parts. How far mighty BMW has fallen.

As for the Cold Weather Cover, it is perhaps a dealer  part/option I don't have. It's more the aesthetic part, I like, the look. I would add it is cool, but that is a bad pun.

Stay well,

Steve

• Like 1