• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: BBS BMW Factory 13” Wheels

Fritz1602

Hi Forum!

As the title states. I am looking to buy 4 factory 13” BMW BBS wheels like the one pictured below. Must be in usable shape. Original patina is great. I am located in Fresh Meadows, NY 11366. As close to local would be awesome but I’m willing to pay for shipping if you have a nice set. Let me know what you have. 
Thank you!!!!

image.jpeg.fd4185d2a52c5bd286bcfe4ff6ec2fb5.jpeg

1968 BMW 1600-2

I suspect the rim shown is a 5 1/2” x 13” e21 “mesh” or “basketweave” rim. If so, it wasn’t manufactured by BBS. I believe all the BBS versions were 6” x 13”.

So are you looking specifically for e21 rims cast by BBS, or are you simply looking for this style of rim?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

35 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I suspect the rim shown is a 5 1/2” x 13” e21 “mesh” or “basketweave” rim. If so, it wasn’t manufactured by BBS. I believe all the BBS versions were 6” x 13”.

So are you looking specifically for e21 rims cast by BBS, or are you simply looking for this style of rim?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Good afternoon! Thank you for that clarification. I didn't know there where 2 versions. I am looking for the E21 mesh wheel but if a set of BBS come along I'll consider those too. Thanks again for the information.

Regards,

Demetri

1968 BMW 1600-2

4 hours ago, Fritz1602 said:

Hi Steve,

Good afternoon! Thank you for that clarification. I didn't know there where 2 versions. I am looking for the E21 mesh wheel but if a set of BBS come along I'll consider those too. Thanks again for the information.

Regards,

Demetri

Demetri,

Someone here will know more about the history and the specific applications for both size rims. Both the 5 1/2” and 6” versions were manufactured as OEM parts for e21 BMW’s, though both were either optional or part of an option package.

The parts catalogue refers to the 6” version —  page from RealOEM.com shown below — which was often, but not always, manufactured by BBS, as a “Motorsport” rim. In addition to the greater width, the 6” version has an offset of 13 mm., rather than the 18 mm. offset of the 5 1/2” version.

Notice the part number for the 5 1/2” version, 36111124111, as shown on the RealOEM.com, is cast into the rim in your original post (3611)1124111.

Regards,

Steve

I’m guessing the 6” versions followed the 5 1/2” versions. 

8B7ABDB5-0CD9-4FF8-A6F6-8EA4EDB5BFC9.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

Demetri,

Someone here will know more about the history and the specific applications for both size rims. Both the 5 1/2” and 6” versions were manufactured as OEM parts for e21 BMW’s, though both were either optional or part of a package.

The parts catalogue refers to the 6” version —  page from RealOEM.com shown below — which was often, but not always, manufactured by BBS, as a “Motorsport” rim. In addition to the greater width, the 6” version has an offset of 13 mm., rather than the 18 mm. offset of the 5 1/2” version.

Notice the part number for the 5 1/2” version, 36111124111, as shown on the RealOEM.com, is cast into the rim in your original post (3611)1124111.

Regards,

Steve

I’m guessing the 6” versions followed the 5 1/2” versions. 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the additional information. Hopefully I can find a good set either on here or maybe Ebay.

Regards,

Demetri

1968 BMW 1600-2