• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

were all these gear ratios available on the 2002?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

YES WAY WAY back when - and only as 'gear sets' to be install in your housing - for "Sport Events "

LONG time No Lnger Available . I've checked

Guest Anonymous

understand the pinion is missing a tooth or two. You can see the beld driven pump, attaches to a cooler located in one of the side pods.

64430718.jpg

64430724.jpg

Guest Anonymous

3-7898879.pjpeg

just for 'motorsport' use , 'special version'

not for common road use .

in the old printed parts books, foot notes (*) on the 'wild' ratios would state this.

Same holds true for the older BMW motorcycles. (1950-70's) Simular 'wild' ratio ring/pinion sets were listed ,as gear sets only , and long time not available.

Guest Anonymous

cycles. At least that was the case the E36s. You could get some other wierd ratios, as soon as they stopped making E36s the gearsets became NLA. At least there is enough variety out there for most applications.

-Justin

'76 02

'97 m3

http://www.bmw2002.net

Guest Anonymous

bmw10242004_24.jpg

On all years of 2002 with short neck diff? I know that it was not really an option for the consumer, it was all Hoffman orderings, but i am sure there was an official list of factory options. What i am trying to find is which diff will work with my class rules which state:

"An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Dealer-installed options or deletions, except as required by factory directives, no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. "

Thanks,

steve

P.S. is there a factory options list in existance anywhere?

Guest Anonymous

I never actually heard of anyone with their hands on one.

Just figured BMW offered that for the Farmers who had to pull the combine thru the fields with the 'ole reliable 1602. Less bogging down with the "agro" gearset!

Guest Anonymous

I call "fabrication land". So if I want 5.86 gears back in it or anything close -they will have to be made. A scary proposition no doubt.