• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting, Fairly Rare (I think) 1975 tii Auction

I didn’t tie your name back to the pictures - so here is my obscure question:  on a car with a blue interior, what is the carpet like?  Is it the regular loop or is it a solid color cut pile?  The reason I ask is because I am trying to authenticate a car from pictures and it does not have the cut pile carpet as I would expect in a LUX.

Current: '75 verona 2002Tii Lux “Lecco”

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

Definitely cut pile, not loop - here's what the car has in it - not the right stuff which confirms that its LUX seats, door panels, and instrument cluster were added later on.  The car is missing many other LUX bits as well, but the carpet is the hardest to fake.  Thanks for the picture!

bmv00095_18_.jpg

• Like 1

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

No, not at all.  Your car has cut pile and from what I see in the pictures, the other visible LUX goodies, plus your long ownership, so it is definitely a LUX.  

The car that I am investigating has the loop carpet pictured, common to all 02s except the LUX.  Further, it is missing the “L” rear emblem, unique trunk mat (has some elephant skin in the trunk which is incorrect), center console wood trim, soft-rim steering wheel, and walnut shift knob.  I seriously doubt that it is a legitimate LUX.

Per Mike Ura:

The LUX option was introduced as a Europe only option in April, 1974. The LUX can be identified 
by the long "L" beneath the rear badge. Offered as a 695DM option, the LUX package included:
• Walnut Trim on the Doors
• Walnut Vernier on the Instrument Panel and Ashtray Cover
• Walnut Shift Knob
• Map Pockets on the Doors
• Wool Velour Seats (same material as 3.0CS)
• Fold Down Rear Center Armrest
• Single Color Velour Carpet
• Carpeted Trunk (over wood panels, not vinyl covered panels)
• Foam Grip Steering Wheel
• 3 Point Seat Belts
• Heated Rear Window
• Interval Wipers
• Driver Side Arm Support with Integrated Grip
• Day/Night Mirror
• Locking Gas Cap

• Like 1