• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getrag 245 5 Speed

MoeMar

• MoeMar changed the title to Getrag 245 5 Speed

Was pulled from a 320i back in 2014 that was in running and driving condition. Has been sitting in my garage/shop since. I need more room. I have another I will post after this sells. The other does NOT include driveshaft. 

Thank you 

Moemar 

Hi

Unfortunately both transmission are sold ! 

I have another 245 w/ driveshaft and LSD going to post next month. Price will be more due to wanting to sell as a package deal.   

Sorry, everyone was quick on these transmission. 

thanks

moemar 

• 3 weeks later...

During the 90s I used to remove them at the junk yards and purchase them for $100. The 4 speeds were $75, and I often claimed they were just a 4 speed. So, on some occasions I got them for $75.  I still have one as a spare for one of my cars equipped with one. And now people think they're a great deal at $1,500. The limited slip diffs were only $75. I hate to think what they go for now.  This is one of the main reasons I try to stay away from this scene. It's just all become BS.

Edited by Milo

6 hours ago, Milo said:

During the 90s I used to remove them at the junk yards and purchase them for $100. The 4 speeds were $75, and I often claimed they were just a 4 speed. So, on some occasions I got them for $75.  I still have one as a spare for one of my cars equipped with one. And now people think they're a great deal at $1,500. The limited slip diffs were only $75. I hate to think what they go for now.  This is one of the main reasons I try to stay away from this scene. It's just all become BS.

Ya, in the 1920s A Quart of Hey Bros milk cost 9 cents

milkadd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/13/2022 at 5:34 AM, resra said:

Ya, in the 1920s A Quart of Hey Bros milk cost 9 cents

milkadd.jpg

That was 1930, not 1995. But, either way, given my personal experience I'm not inclined to support the recent trend and hype. If you want to do so, go ahead and pay $1,500 for a used "As Is" and untested transmission.  

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, Milo said:

That was 1930, not 1995. But, either way, given my personal experience I'm not inclined to support the recent trend and hype. If you want to do so, go ahead and pay $1,500 for a used "As Is" and untested transmission.  

It's Putin's fault! 

• Haha 1

But what do I know

Just for a little perspective regarding pricing.  I just paid over $1000 for a newly rebuilt 4-speed.  All of these parts are going the way of the dinosaur.  And the dollar isn't exactly gaining in value either... All in fun ?

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️