• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine bay stickers measurements

Hello everyone, I’ve been looking for the measurements for the engine bay stickers and also I’ve managed to find online some stickers for the 1502 that are not available from sellers on ebay

If anyone knows the rough measurements for the stickers on the document it would be a great help

Regards.

Bernardo

Stickers bmw 1502 .pdf

Bmw 1502 1977 "Korall"

Are you seeking the actual sizes of each sticker, or their placement in the engine compartment?

If the latter, it seems to vary not only by year, but within the year.  This has been a topic for discussion many times on the FAQ, and perhaps by now someone has made a definitive list of where they go, year/model by year.

If it's the size, IIRC, Carl Nelson (La Jolla Independent) reproduced a number of stickers.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I think most of those, if not all, are available at Wallothnesch. I think W&N repros were pretty good, surely good enough for me. I can go measure if you really want to make them yourself.

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Allright, here goes, dimensions (mm) in the order they are in your scanned document.

1. This one I don't have, it wasn't available at W&N

2. 119 x 84

3. 120 x 33

4. 83 x 83

5. 125 x 93

6. 93 x 31

7. 100 x 47

8. I have this too but since I made my 1502 as somewhat a tii tribute, it's under the air flter box and I didn't bother to remove it just for measuring. 

I can post pictures of their locations too to complete the information once I get to upload them.

• Thanks 1

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Yes it was originally but it was repainted and the tone is not exactly the same, hopefully this picture helps since korall is kinda red with more orange mixed with it.

I've read once that this color is not as common as the others that had the 02s since it´s the last of the series.

278228544_1060726101514957_5479019636466818537_n.jpg

Bmw 1502 1977 "Korall"

Korall was actually an E21 3 series color, and per the parts book was only used on 1502s--along with other E21 colors like Phonix, Sierrabeige and Madeira.  We never see those colors in the US since we didn't get 1502s.  

mike

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yes Mike you're right that´s why every part that this car has is for the European Version, speaking of that, do you happen to have or know someone that has, I´m looking for the factory european choke cable with the electrical connection for the dash light?

I´ve posted the request in the wanted section but i've imagined that it would be difficult to find that piece in the US.

If you know someone that has it I would appreciate it 

Regards 

Bernardo.

Bmw 1502 1977 "Korall"

We didn't even know that there was such a choke cable part!  The older manual choke cable part is NLA as best I can determine.

Where is the dash light on your car?  I assume it indicates that the choke cable has been pulled, like the handbrake light.

Now I'm wondering if the part you mention is somehow applicable somehow to the older cars.  I'm assuming that it's P/N 13231354544, listed as NLA at least in the US.

image.thumb.png.765909595421b041da0da3b6e64b8303.png

(found online at :

$_20.JPG
M.EBAY-KLEINANZEIGEN.DE

Noch gut erhaltener Bowdenzug eines BMW 02, mit dabei ist die Gummitülle BMW-Nr 13231351724 und die..., Choke Bowdenzug BMW E10 1602 1802 2002 Chokezug Chokekabel in Bayern - Bernhardswald

Thank you Calw that´s the exact part that I´m looking for and indeed it is for the light on the dash that also iluminates when the handbrake is pulled and when there's low fuel on the tank.

Hopefully I can import it without too much hassle since my gobernment has some strange taxes for automotive parts that are imported.

Bernardo.

Bmw 1502 1977 "Korall"

6 hours ago, Bjaramillot1502 said:

I´m looking for the factory european choke cable with the electrical connection for the dash light?

I´ve posted the request in the wanted section but i've imagined that it would be difficult to find that piece in the US.

As I'm sure you know, that was never fitted to US spec cars, because the dash warning light used for the choke on Euro cars was used for low brake fluid warning on US cars--a feature required by US Vehicle safety regulations.  

It's unlikely you'll find on from the US for that reason, but have you tried German E-bay?  Bet they're pretty common over there.

mike

PS--where in Ecuador are you?