• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 tii - unrestored original "Barn Find" roundie

BEVEGO

12 hours ago, BEVEGO said:

Can you tell me which things are not original? 

The car is the same as when it was new.

If you point to red seats or Momo rims, they are ordered as an additional option (Italian BMW dealership)

Pics do not show the wheels.

Did not know that red was a seat colour option for anywhere. Better pics of the front seats would be useful. Are they sans headrests? EDIT: checked the parts book and red velour was available, apparently in all markets, not just Italy - learn something new everyday.

The trunk lid appears to have had a BMW roundel in it at one time; that would make it a '1974/5 trunk lid.

Front nose panel has the famous "snorkel" that was for carbureted cars and would suggest a replacement nose panel. Pic of the front of the car would be useful.

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Wow- love this car. Wonder how close in production date it is to my tii (May 30, 1973).

Please add two more lug nuts to that wheel shown.

I spy two Toronado side mirrors in the car.

Oddly enough, my car came to me with a later model decklid. The two badge holes were filled in with body filler and have started to show.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, 02Les said:

Pics do not show the wheels.

Did not know that red was a seat colour option for anywhere. Better pics of the front seats would be useful. Are they sans headrests? EDIT: checked the parts book and red velour was available, apparently in all markets, not just Italy - learn something new everyday.

The trunk lid appears to have had a BMW roundel in it at one time; that would make it a '1974/5 trunk lid.

Front nose panel has the famous "snorkel" that was for carbureted cars and would suggest a replacement nose panel. Pic of the front of the car would be useful.

I can’t believe red velour was a thing.  I thought for sure - oh the dealer did if for her somehow.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

$30K ? 

I've seen a few tii 02s at Pick A Part during the mid 90s in about the same shape. They were asking $500 for them before putting them out in the yard to be sold for parts. Nobody purchased them. I remember removing the sub frame and front suspension on one of them. All the suspension bushings and control arms were new with the BMW parts stickers still attached. I believe I still have the control arms as spares. 

There are people afflicted with "Tii Fever" who are prepared to pay these new asking prices. Most of them don't even wrench on their cars and pay a mechanic and body shop an additional $50K to sort everything out. It's one of the reasons I'm pretty much staying away from much of this so called "Community". 

Edited by Milo