• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to buy

AhmadsCafe

Hey, I am graduating college this year and wanted to gift myself my first bmw 02 series! I've been looking on facebook for a few months in the bay area and LA area where I go to school but no luck. My budget is low so I'm looking for a driveable 02 with minimal rust. Keep on the lookout for me please or if you know someone in the area who is willing to sell lmk ?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Unfortunately or fortunately the 2002s are no longer a low budget car.  Come to the Bay Area 02 Swap and Show this Saturday to see what might be available local. 

steve k.

• Like 2

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

With that budget, it’ll definitely be a project car and not even necessarily drivable unfortunately.

Like Steve said, if you have the time, come to the swap and show this Saturday. It’ll be a great introduction to the local community where you’ll have the opportunity to inquire about projects for sale locally.

• Like 1

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

A reasonable budget for a driveable ‘02 is probably $15-20k for a ‘74-‘76 model… maybe less if it’s an automatic or it’s a ‘76 that still needs to be smogged.

Walking around the Swap n Show today, there were a couple of ‘74 tii’s with asking prices in the $60k plus range. Anything in the $3-6k range was like sighting the Lochness Monster or a basket case of parts on the parking lot asphalt.

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors