• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying parts, best practices?

Road trip

He is complaining about me people.

Gary, how about using a little tact and common sense? First, I paid $300 from another forum member for this just a few months ago, so you are saying that I should just eat the shipping, AND pay the PayPal fees AND then later report this as income? Makes sense right, lose money on something because you didn’t take 5 minutes to investigate a little and see that I am not going to rip you off. I like buying and selling items for my 2002’s on this forum because I really never have to worry when it’s a regular forum member. Conversely, although I don’t know you personally I do recognize you from this forum as well as others and I would not have hesitated to send you money for parts. Unfortunate that you don’t extend the same courtesy to others on here.  

Edited by JohnP_02
  • Like 1

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

i'll vouch for John...he's a trustworthy guy, very active & helpful on the forum

this is why i suggested you ask about the seller in the forum...i doubt that you would have offended John by doing so

John, i have refunded paypal transactions for a few parts sales because the buyer did not pay me friends and family as i asked them to do

8 hours ago, JohnP_02 said:

First, I paid $300 from another forum member for this just a few months ago, so you are saying that I should just eat the shipping, AND pay the PayPal fees AND then later report this as income? 

FYI, for anyone in this situation, if you pay $300 for a part then sell it later for $300, you would report the $300 as income and have a $300 expense for the cost of the part. Net taxable income would be $0.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

I've been active on this forum for a couple of years now and gotten to know a few members. It feels like one of the cultural norms here is to air out dirty laundry whenever there's even a whiff of it. So if someone does bone someone over or even hints at the possibility, it's all laid out in plain sight like the day after the party when everyone is eating leftovers and talking shit. It's one of my favorite things about this community and an absolute necessity for accountability. 

On 5/28/2022 at 3:33 PM, Road trip said:

The part is a Tii exhaust manifold 

and the seller refuses to Ad︅ on a additional amount to cover his PayPal transactions fee and taxes

said, he didn’t want the $300 reported to

the IRS ? Wow, $300 ! That will change your bracket.

Read this:

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/307364-paypal-policy-change/

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17