• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul T Winterton's Memorial Service

joysterm

Hello to all:

565825838_ScreenShot2021-11-27at2_42_39PM.thumb.jpg.4c4ba36659152a055e96b4120546edf8.jpgA small gathering of family and friends will be attending a private service tomorrow afternoon in Vancouver's inner harbour to spread Paul's ashes. I have been asked by Pauls' wife, Rochelle to say a few words on behalf of the local 02 community. I thought it only fitting that any comments I was going to make include those who have been touched by Paul's great respect and  love for this community.

So with that said,  if there is any out there who would like to share their thoughts I would be honored to present them on your behalf.

Should anyone wish to comment please feel free DM me, otherwise simply post your comments below and I will be sure include as many as I can. Thank you all.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 5

Ufffh. I just got this news, that's what I get for being away for a while. 

Surely sorely missed.

I never met Paul in person, but his personality and invaluable wealth of knowledge were absolute tops here on the FAQ and we all are the better from both. 

My condolences to his family, friends, and fellow 02 community for his passing. 

-Jeff

Edited by 2002Scoob
  • Like 1

Yeah, Paul was one of the good guys--both in the 02 community and on this Board.  We were at opposite ends of the country so never met in person, but like most of us we felt that we knew him by his willingness to help, both in person and electronically when someone posted an '02 problem.  He'll be sorely missed.

Cheers

mike

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

In a community that is known for freely sharing  knowledge, Paul stood out for his willingness to share his advice to any and everyone with a sprinkling of good cheer and humor he never had a bad day as far as his online friends knew, RIP Paul You re missed.

• Like 2

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Paul was a class act for sure.  He was so friendly and so wise…what a great combo to aspire to.

I always knew he was there to help.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

So sorry I missed this thread, Paul was a true class act. Very helpful and extended himself while his health allowed him to without acknowledging his illness. I proudly have his injectors in my car and am reminded of his help often. - Rich 

• Thanks 1

Man I miss him.  He was such a good guy.  We traded e-mails often.  My eldest daughter is named Rochelle.  I didn't know that was his wife's name too.  RIP Paul.  We love you man!

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I met Paul in person only a couple of times, and had the opportunity to communicate with him though this site.  He was always engaging and enthusiastic about whatever topic we landed on.

He was a wonderful source of knowledge and his contributions will be sorely missed. 

• Like 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002