• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shift Lever Rebuild

JohnS

Perfect timing on this, good info and pictures. I just pulled and sold my engine so will be doing this before the new one goes in. I believe I shortened the E21 shifter platform and reused the E21 shifter, hard to remember the details back in 92/93! Sold my other 02 (4 spd.) a few years ago but still have a Autosolutions 4 spd. shifter I never used. They include multiple of the washer that goes above the plastic cup spacer so you can adjust the shift selector rod as close to parallel as possible with a tight fit without the spring. A far as the whole thing spinning, on mine the grommet on the tip of the shifter is loose/spinning allowing the whole thing to spin. The new grommet is tight and doesn't spin easily.

shifter1.jpg.fbcddbc3b8ee004206d53a22db43d8ca.jpgshifter2.jpg.8ab5b74db1578fd93aa73f49f30df44e.jpg

• Like 1

72 02

73 02 tii