• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Door Panel Options

JohnP_02

Looking for any insight on the quality/fit/finish of the options available for early, black, interior door panels. Here is a list with rough prices of what I found available: 

• WN pair of reproduction panels (~$250 + $50 shipping)
  • Ebay seller from Turkey? ($360 each, free shipping)
  • OEM (around $425 each side + shipping)
  • World UPH (~825 each side + shipping!) 

For my build and personal taste, I have narrowed it down to either the WN set unless the quality is poor then I will have to go with OEM. Any insight on these two options in particular would be appreciated. 

panel.thumb.jpg.85f89d7efcc8c2ae5105885ac0b62311.jpg

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

I forked out the dough for the OEM black early panels from W&N a while ago.  The OEM panels don't come with the upper chrome trim pieces or the clamps for them.  I reused the ones from my original panels which were still in good enough shape.  They sell new of those upper chrome pieces, but they'll cost you.  It looks like the repros might include those pieces.  

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I think of those panels as  kinda consumable.   They get hammered and banged around heat, etc..  If your window seals or the vapor barrier are a bit tired, then water gets in there.  So I would go with the lower dollar option, that looked the closest to stock. 

My panels are completely butchered, along with the hacked ( and i do mean hacked.. like air chisel hacked) holes in the door from the P.O. for the speakers.   I am tossing around the idea of getting reproduction ones, but the later model door panel chrome strip is NLA, and the solution is mylar tape or some other 3m trim. 

I am also considering getting aluminium ones from I.E and having ones made to suit.. but first I need to finish the seats. It all depends on how close to stock you want to get. 

What is the rest of the interior/car like? 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

• 2 years later...

So sorry. 

I am absolutely exhausted. 

Upon reading the World Upholstery website (again), I noticed that the bit at the bottom of the panel is included on the door panel. The bit that is # 2 in the picture is not the strip at the bottom of the 74-76 panel; it is the chrome strip at the top that retains the inner window seal. 

That said, I will likely pick up a new strip for the top of the door panel and the window seal. 

Thanks so much, and sorry again. 

P.S. The # 5 is $12 per clip. Ouch. 

image.thumb.png.01352f5530cdb64589c31487614f53a6.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002