• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield wipers

steve k.

• Administrators

As i was searching for some other things, i stumbled upon a set of Bosch windshield wipers specifically made for the NK 

Looks like the part numbers are

WB 101

3 398 111 101-010

Looks pretty cool. Not sure about rubber quality, but that can be replaced. They do seem to be only 335mm and I think i was expecting 400mm

Steve 

20220606_171105.jpg

20220606_171056.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

335mm translates to 13" more or less, so then they're correct for '02s (16xx & 20xx) at least part-way through the '69 model year.  My '69 still has its original windshield wiper blades (of course with new rubber!) and they're 13" even though the parts book doesn't list 13" blades at all. 

I think the longer blades were fitted to meet Federal swept area requirements.  But the shorter blades are plenty adequate, and make the wipers move faster due to reduced drag.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Those baby's are like gold Steve.  I used to have some Bosch wipers of similar vintage that fit the 3.0 csi.  They were longer (maybe 14 - 15") but didn't have the bayonet connection.  I think I gave the wipers to Terry Conners when I sold him my 3.0 csi.  I use 13" wipers on my 73tii and they look similar to those and work great.  I think you can get the replacement rubber for those 13 inchers from NAPA.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

You know.  Come to think of it.  Mine are probably 15" on my 73tii.  I'll have to measure them the next time I'm with the car.  The ones I have were sold through NAPA, but probably made by Trico and rebranded because they look just like those.  I've got a bunch of them new in boxes (probably like 10 pairs).  I think I bought a case of them way back when.  Steve, I'll dig them out and I can give you a pair if you'd like.  Let me know.  I'll PM you.  

John

NAPAClassic13Inch.jpg

NAPAClassic15Inch.jpg

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

The change from 13 to 15" wiper blades came sometime either in late 1969 or possibly with the 1970 model year.  But those 13" blades aren't shown in the parts book...I just know they're correct because they came on my 69 when the car was delivered new.  To me. 

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

39 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Sorry on topic but not quite.. did the 74 cars have Matt black wipers, with the wind deflector? 

Yes.

• Thanks 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

2 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Sorry on topic but not quite.. did the 74 cars have Matt black wipers, with the wind deflector? 

Just an FYI that SEM Trim Black works very well if you need to refinish the blacked out wiper arms used on the later cars.  I think I'm going to try removing the rubber from a pair of those silver NAPA classic blades and try blacking them out using SEM.  My 74tii is wearing black plastic blades and the arms could use a respray.

Wind deflector on driver's side wiper arm only.

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️