• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Blaupunkt Frankfurt 'project'

David Layton

3 hours ago, David Layton said:

… Looking for a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio to re-gut with an Aurora Designs upgrade…

You made me look at their website, David. Definitely cool! ? 

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

20 hours ago, David Layton said:

Looking for a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio to re-gut with an Aurora Designs upgrade.  My car is a 73, so I would like to find a US model C, D, or E.  Stereo model is a plus as is a black and chrome faceplate.

I have these available

Both are Frankfurt stereo radios, but aren't US 

• 1 month later...

Harry,

I had found a Euro version with 2 AM and 3 FM bands, but the FM stops at 104 on an on-line salvage vendor.  Supposedly, I bought it for $100 on June 23.  It may be coming from Europe, the vendor had an accent.  I will keep your in mind if this does not land on my porch.  Photo they sent look good and correct.  It is a 72 which would be correct as my car was made in January 73, so the US likely had 72 radios.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2022 at 2:40 AM, David Layton said:

Harry,

I had found a Euro version with 2 AM and 3 FM bands, but the FM stops at 104 on an on-line salvage vendor.  Supposedly, I bought it for $100 on June 23.  It may be coming from Europe, the vendor had an accent.  I will keep your in mind if this does not land on my porch.  Photo they sent look good and correct.  It is a 72 which would be correct as my car was made in January 73, so the US likely had 72 radios.

That's a Blaupunkt Munster