• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Parts for early (1969) stock seat

JohnP_02

I just picked up an early passenger side stock seat that is in part great shape - well the frame and vinyl is great and even the horsehair pads, BUT it's missing a few bits. Here is a list of the the parts I would be interested in if anyone has spares lying around:

• side adjustment plastic knobs/caps
  • the chrome and black rectangular piece that surrounds the side knob
  • a headrest, black would be great, but will consider any color as long as its correct style!
  • Chrome headrest grommets (edit: not the black plastic in the pictures)

As you can see the chrome pieces are also roached, if anyone has any decent spares. I know they can be rechomed, but that seems like a pricey option at this point. Any help with any of these parts would be appreciated! 

1.png.5f4cba41ebc0fc735a923cf0bca950bb.png

1.thumb.jpg.7260e229ec12d21a2249793fddb18939.jpg

Started cleaning up the right side and its looking good! 

TIA John 

Edited by JohnP_02
  • Like 1

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

21 hours ago, JohnP_02 said:
  • headrest grommets

1.png.5f4cba41ebc0fc735a923cf0bca950bb.png

John,

The original headrest support escutcheons, for 1969, were chrome and designed to accommodate 10 mm. headrest supports. Someone — coupeking? someone — is/was making repros, possibly in black and chrome (square taillights and perhaps late 1973 models [post-January 1973] used black). The 12 mm. headrest supports began in January 1973. I don’t know if the 12 mm. escutcheons will hook onto supports for 10 mm. supports.

A few months ago, @bavariaboywas looking for chrome 12 mm. escutcheons. There were references in that thread to whoever is/was reproducing the escutcheons.

And, oh yeah, someone is also reproducing the rectangular faceplate for the seatback release. But, I seem to recall that it’s very high quality, of higher quality than the originals. Worth pursing or at least checking on…

Good luck and best regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

@JohnP_02,

Sorry for late reply, didn’t get home until this evening. For some reason, your PM is locked and I cannot reply to it and I’m too tired to investigate. 
Four knobs on their way to you tomorrow morning. Keep the best two and pass the other two along! Channeling the inner Danny Quigley ?
USPS tracking: 9400111202540537890142

8 hours ago, RichenFamous said:

@JohnP_02,

Sorry for late reply, didn’t get home until this evening. For some reason, your PM is locked and I cannot reply to it and I’m too tired to investigate. 
Four knobs on their way to you tomorrow morning. Keep the best two and pass the other two along! Channeling the inner Danny Quigley ?
USPS tracking: 9400111202540537890142

Rich, thank you so much. I will certainly pass along the extra set and what a nice little way to continue Danny's kindness and spirit. Its so great to be able to put this seat back to form and in the appropriate car. After a little more inspection and some conversations with Steve I checked the original tag on the bottom of the seat that indicated the seat was made in "Juli 69" which is exactly the same as the production date on the July 69 that it is going into! 

Thanks all. John

• Like 1

Edit: found everything I believe,

Have the set of two knobs if anyone needs them, gratis of course. Just send me a PM. Will post them soon in the classifieds. 

Thanks all! John 

Edited by JohnP_02