• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

13x5" Steelies 8/74 date codes

gregnaive

Price: $200

Description:

Original BMW 13x5" Steelies, 8/74 date codes. All straight with perfect beads. Had been soda blasted to bare metal, then painted with Duplicolor silver wheel paint (rattle can). Unfortunately, wheels were not properly rinsed before painting, and paint is flaking off. Will be easy cleanup job with some kind of blaster before repaint. Center caps in very good condition (one with small edge dent).

$200/OBO + ground shipping from Montana

1-IMG_5114.jpeg

2-IMG_5113.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5118.jpeg

• Like 1

Interested as my tii was built on August 1, 1974. Any idea what shipping would be to California, ZIP Code 95050?

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

6 hours ago, 1936spyder said:

… Interested as my tii was built on August 1, 1974…

But… there’s no way a car built on August 1st received rims manufactured in August 1974.

Rims were built by subcontractors — Lemmerz, Kronprinz, Solrad — stamped with a completion date, painted, then shipped to BMW, placed in inventory, pulled from inventory, mounted with tires, and installed on the car as it came down the assembly line. Probably not all happening on August 1st.

Just saying…

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I had a 1975 model year 2002 that these wheels were on originally, but given the previous history of the car, including a salvage title, I have no idea if they came with the car. They are Kronprinz wheels judging from the stamped logo, and are all matching.

19 minutes ago, Conserv said:

But… there’s no way a car built on August 1st received rims manufactured in August 1974.

Rims were built by subcontractors — Lemmerz, Kronprinz, Solrad — stamped with a completion date, painted, then shipped to BMW, placed in inventory, pulled from inventory, mounted with tires, and installed on the car as it came down the assembly line. Probably not all happening on August 1st.

Just saying…

Best regards,

Steve

Yes, I know of course. They would’ve been manufactured earlier in the quarter or in the preceding quarter. That’s what one looks for in postwar American cars when doing concours level restorations. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find three or four steelies stamped 4/74 like my one remaining original spare…

• Like 1

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

3rd in line if Spyder or JohnS doesn't take them.  PM Sent.

Current: '75 verona 2002Tii Lux “Lecco”

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==