• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recs for rust repair/body/paint shop in the Houston area

BMW 1600-2

Looking for a body/restoration shop around the Houston area to do rust repair and repaint my 02.  I prefer a shop that knows 02s and has references.  My preference is for a shop that can spray solvent base Glasurit.  If I have to have the rust sorted in one shop and have the paint done in another, that would also work.

• Like 1

Current: '75 verona 2002Tii Lux “Lecco”

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

No - I didn’t know there was one

• Like 1

Retired: '67 chamonix 1600-2, '69 tundra 2002ti-ed, '74 chamonix 2002, '75 anthracite 2002

==> Contact me if you need a tii or turbo CSV harness - I make a really accurate repro <==

Glad you found us. We are a group of 30+ Greater Houston 02 owners who share our passion and provide healthy dosis of camaraderie when required. 

Among our group we share knowledge, organize rides when Houston weather is palatable. 

I will reach out to you via PM a d we get you onboard. 

JP

• Like 4

JP

I was n Houston in the 80's and 90's and used Casari's on the northwest side. I still have some of their paint on my car and they know 02's well. They did Bob Murphy's tii and last I checked they still popped up on a search... 

• Like 1

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

Many years ago I had Casari's do some work on my car - they were ok (I'm very picky, grew up working in my Dad's body shop), but they have closed. I'd suggest finding out which auto body supply houses carry Glasurit and ask who they recommend. They'll know who has given their painters time off to go to vendor supplied training, who cheaps out in the supplies they buy - and who has to buy a second order of paint because they messed it up and had to re-shoot it.

I'm part of the Houston 02 group - I have a really neat 67 1600-2, based on your user name here I assume you have a 1600-2 also, looking forward to meeting you!

Barrett

• Like 1

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

9 minutes ago, BarrettN said:

I'm part of the Houston 02 group - I have a really neat 67 1600-2, based on your user name here I assume you have a 1600-2 also, looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks for the introduction!  I'm getting looped into the 02 WhatsApp group and look forward to meeting everyone.  I no longer have the 1600-2, but the name relates back to where my BMW passion began for me in the 1970's as 14 year-old looking for his first car.  If you look at my profile, you will see the before/after shots of what I found, a '67 1600-2.  The white (before) picture was taken in 1977 and the anthracite (after) picture was taken in 1979, just after I got my driver's license.

Fun fact:  These pictures were taken about 300 yards from where Reyn Speedshop is now in San Juan Capistrano, CA.

Dave

• Like 2