• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat opinions…74tii

Highnote1

So my current resurrection 74tii only came with one very dead drivers seat and a shredded back seat so I am on the hunt for ideas of what to do for seating. On my 76, I had leather recaros and for my taste, that is what I would choose for style and comfort. Those are now harder and harder to locate. 

if I had all the money in the world I would buy new classic recaros with the houndstooth pattern in the middle but they are over 2 grand a piece…so looking for ideas. 

Are the leather corbeaus too cheesy for a decent valued inka Tii that will be pretty fresh when I get done with it? The sparco classic gts seat looks pretty period correct too imo. Thoughts? 

0002932_gt-2022_550.jpeg
WWW.SPARCOUSA.COM

The Sparco GT seat was designed for sport comfort. It features redesigned bolsters for greater support and new...

Oh I have! Kinda a different scene today with recaros so scarce. Aardvark is not even an option currently. 

7 minutes ago, Son of Marty said:

Search seat list in the box at the top of the page it's marked search, there are 2 threads with more than 100 entry's each.,

I had a set of the vinyl Corbeau sport seats  in my 76. I imagine the GTS seats are very similar (same frame different covers/ padding) They are not bad seats, certainly an option.

Frames and recline/tilt mechanisms were smooth and sturdy.

Foam was very firm.

2 things I didn't care for :

1, The headrests are really tall in an 02

2, seat bottom was too high, felt a little weird. so if you go for the leather GTS I recommend looking into the seat shaving option

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2807.JPG

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Thanks man! So that was a question I had. The seat shaving thing…wonder if that affects comfort of base pad or longevity with it breaking down sooner because of less material…

Is that a sport s I see in the passenger area? Another great expensive option that looks good too!

55 minutes ago, Highnote1 said:
55 minutes ago, Highnote1 said:

Is that a sport s I see in the passenger area? Another great expensive option that looks good too!

Yes, Sport S from GTS Classics with properly embossed german vinyl  in Buckskin

Also went with the comfort option that widens the overall seat.

You know, at $1395 each, the base black vinyl seats are really nice  seats, but does not include head rests.

Of course, mine with the custom  vinyl matched to my interior , headrests and the rest cost a lot more than that...

Also be prepared for a bit of a wait.

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 6/22/2022 at 10:43 PM, tech71 said:

Yes, Sport S from GTS Classics with properly embossed german vinyl  in Buckskin

Also went with the comfort option that widens the overall seat.

You know, at $1395 each, the base black vinyl seats are really nice  seats, but does not include head rests.

Of course, mine with the custom  vinyl matched to my interior , headrests and the rest cost a lot more than that...

Also be prepared for a bit of a wait.

IMG_2819.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

Those look really nice!

1 hour ago, Highnote1 said:

Literally what I would choose but in black with houndstooth!

That's real German Wool Houndstooth. I couldn't find ANY that had a light brown or beige accent color in it to match the "Natural"/beige color of my seats. Finally I contacted whatshisname from GTS Classics and Voila, he found some.

But it wasn't cheap. Good news is I only bought 3 yards. That guy is awesome.

• Like 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS