• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tow Hook with front spoiler

After installing my front spoiler,  luckily it occurred to me (before I really needed it) that I no longer had access to the tow hooks under the original bumper. So here is a solution.
I am not giving specifics, because I had to mess with this simple idea quite a bit to make it work. But you get the idea. The eye bolt goes in the original square frame tube where the bumper shocks were and the end of it is held in place via the large bolt (that held the original bumper) going through the eye end.  I hade the square  bolt guide (black) out of oak . It really carries no stress but serves more as a guide. (one day I might make it out of steel.)  The fog lights created a bit of an unnecessary challenge. In my case I did not want to change it's new clean front look. I like how the fog lights help cover the original square holes left from the bumper. So the tow hook stays in my trunk tool roll until that fateful day arrives. I simply will unplug and  remove the passenger fog light , then install hook while waiting on the tow truck. :-)
Good luck.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 2