• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for the Weber 38/38 Experts

02Les

According to every 38/38 diagram I have seen (pic below), I should have idle jet assys items 34-35-36 fitted on both primary & secondary sides. Therefore I can, should I desire, change the sizes.

However, re the 2nd picture, I have a jet on the primary side (left in the pic), but, on the secondary side, I have what appears to be a needle valve? (right in the pic).

Is this perhaps correct, and if so, how does it work. The darn thing looks like item 16 on the diagram.

Real curious about the workings of this if it is correct, AND, more curious on how the heck it got in there if it’s not correct. Am I missing something obvious here?

Edit: right after I post this and make an idiot of me, I think I found the jet at the bottom of the parts cleaner. However, it is smaller in size than the primary one and not, therefore, like the Weber diagram. Don't ask me where the needle valve came from.

38DGES.thumb.png.fb1a6083a3617d5a76e61ddd678c8edc.pngDSCN3697crsm.thumb.JPG.35b72d8b23a94489d8516f1b22a9c7ab.JPG

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, Mike87 said:

That other part that you call a needle valve is just a plug. No need to change. Just put it back where it came from.

Hmm, the small jet I found I think came from cleaning a 32/36 a few days ago, so, if this "plug" was in the secondary idle position, why would it be put there?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

The 38/38 has 2 idle jets for 2 'primary' idles- one for each bore.

As the V6 it was supposed to feed needed to idle on both banks.

In a grand total of one specimen,  mine has the same size jet holders on both sides,

unlike the 32/36 which, on the primary side,

has the solenoid- sized holder whether or not it uses a primary fuel cut solenoid.

all I got,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL