• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument Switch Locking Nuts (Longer Version)

Mark92131

OK, finishing up the one piece dash installation in my 1970 BMW 1600 and ran into more trouble.  I sourced a longer switch locking nut for my Emergency Flasher so I could mount it in the dash, (thanks @jgerock).  Unfortunately, my remaining switches around the instrument cluster also need the longer Switch locking nuts to mount them.  So I need three (3) of these longer nuts to get my older switches installed in the one piece dash.  If anyone can help me source these I would be very grateful.  I need the nut on the left in the picture below.

Thanks,

Mark92131

Locking Nut.jpeg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

1 hour ago, Mark92131 said:

OK, finishing up the one piece dash installation in my 1970 BMW 1600 and ran into more trouble.  I sourced a longer switch locking nut for my Emergency Flasher so I could mount it in the dash, (thanks @jgerock).  Unfortunately, my remaining switches around the instrument cluster also need the longer Switch locking nuts to mount them.  So I need three (3) of these longer nuts to get my older switches installed in the one piece dash.  If anyone can help me source these I would be very grateful.  I need the nut on the left in the picture below.

Thanks,

Mark92131

Locking Nut.jpeg

Ugh. Wish I would’ve known. 

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"