• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front bumper license plate bracket

nhep23

Since my front bumper had already been drilled for US license plate bolt hole spacing, I cut out a piece of 1/8" aluminum the same size as a license plate and drilled mounting holes halfway up the vertical measurement, and then four holes for the plate itself.  I bolted the aluminum to the bumper with rubber buffers between the aluminum and the bumper, then bolted the plate to the aluminum mount.  That way the plate is centered vertically with the bumper, and not all either hanging below or sticking above the bumper.  Much better looking mounted halfway.  This was done many years go before you could buy plastic license plate mounts with many holes to adapt to most any car.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Stock mounting makes for a perfect police radar reflective surface/target.  They'll see you before you see them.

Why make it so easy for 'em?

My front license is mounted low and steeply angled. 

Mac. 

• Like 1

+2 for Coupe King.

SHOP.COUPEKING.COM

This is a front stainless steel front license plate bracket for your BMW 2002, E9 CS Coupe, or E3 Bavaria. Running a front plate is the law in most states. However, mounting the license plate to these front chrome bumpers can be tricky, this bracket makes it a simple and clean endeavor...