• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 for auction at Copart in Flint, MI.

02Les

https://www.copart.com/lot/52640792/clean-title-1973-bmw-2002-mi-flint

Maybe worthwhile for someone near Flint, MI, to go take a look.

25 years ago this car was for sale in the BMW Roundel Magazine. Stated then to have 2 x 40DCOEs (can be seen in pics), 5 spd and an LSD.

Not stated now if it runs.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Certainly a manual both by photo and by VIN. Approximately an April 1973 example, in Verona. Love the “25 years ago…” perspective into its history!

Worth every cent of its current $275 bid… ?

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

There's gotta be someone on the FAQ near Flint to take a look...

The VIN plate doesn't look quite right...the numbers don't line up and they appear to be a little smaller than what the factory used...and the "2002" is stamped in...All the VIN plates I've seen that I know are original have 2002/2002tii printed in the blank, not stamped.  Or am I being a little paranoid.

On the other hand, the current bid wouldn't buy the DCOEs or the tii booster...not to mention the 5 speed (if it's still there) or the basketweaves.  

Could be a nice project for someone presuming minimal structural rust (no pictures shown of the trunk or rockers...)

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 7/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, Mike Self said:

There's gotta be someone on the FAQ near Flint to take a look...

The VIN plate doesn't look quite right...the numbers don't line up and they appear to be a little smaller than what the factory used...and the "2002" is stamped in...All the VIN plates I've seen that I know are original have 2002/2002tii printed in the blank, not stamped.  Or am I being a little paranoid.

On the other hand, the current bid wouldn't buy the DCOEs or the tii booster...not to mention the 5 speed (if it's still there) or the basketweaves.  

Could be a nice project for someone presuming minimal structural rust (no pictures shown of the trunk or rockers...)

mike

I may be seeing things, but I think I see the embossed rivets holding on the plate.... not sure. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002