• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: black front seat, driver side or both '72-73

joebarthlow

• joebarthlow changed the title to WANTED: black front seat, driver side or both '72-73

Hi Joe,

I've had a pair of original, black, front seats sitting covered on a shelf here for a few years.  Out of my 71, post-mod.   Original, straight, but not perfect.  (I had always intended to keep them with the car in case I ever rolled it back to original, but I'm feeling heavy in preparation for a move, and my conviction is wavering. ) 

Glad to discuss further if they might meet your needs!  

I'm up in PDX for now...  though our buddy Chad is pushing hard for a move South. ;)

RS

Really trying to keep it original.  Again.

"Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

4 hours ago, birdhouse said:

Hi Joe,

I've had a pair of original, black, front seats sitting covered on a shelf here for a few years.  Out of my 71, post-mod.   Original, straight, but not perfect.  (I had always intended to keep them with the car in case I ever rolled it back to original, but I'm feeling heavy in preparation for a move, and my conviction is wavering. ) 

Glad to discuss further if they might meet your needs!  

I'm up in PDX for now...  though our buddy Chad is pushing hard for a move South. ;)

RS

ha! so I hear. Yes, let's talk about your seats. Yes, you should move down here.

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

Heh.  

I am hoping to shake out a few dark corners of the garage this weekend in prep for the T&P swap meet...  will make sure to drag these down off the top shelf, and get you some pictures. 

• Like 1

Hi Joe.  

Just wanted to drop a quick note in this thread to confirm I'd sent a full set of photos via PM.  Let me know if any difficulty viewing, or with the .heic format.  (Not sure if this site supports that extension natively...  just in case, I've made some crude .png conversions of a few key frames from the set, attaching here for reference).

The driver does have some wear in the seat bottom.  I have a spare "back" that was sourced by the car's PO, with intent to repair this...  that will naturally go with the set.

Honestly not sure what these were worth...  wasn't thinking of selling prior to your post!

Let me know if interested, or need more info...

RS

IMG_8413_PassengerBase.png

IMG_8412_Lift.png

IMG_8409_Backs.png

IMG_8397_TOPs.png

19 hours ago, birdhouse said:

IMG_8413_PassengerBase.png

IMG_8412_Lift.png

IMG_8409_Backs.png

IMG_8397_TOPs.png

These are interesting. Based on the frames, they are late 72-73 seats. But based on the vinyl and pleating, they are 69-71ish seats. 
Either way, I think I have extra vinyl to correct the driver bottom section of this seat for the buyer. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards