• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Touring on BAT in Florida

NickVyse

6 hours ago, Conserv said:

Say it isn’t so, Les! Now I can’t call flush signals “Euro” and I can’t call bulge signals “U.S.”… ??

Best regards,

Steve

Owners are putting 3rd brake lights on, changing rear bulbs to LED and forgetting the front. The 'Euro Flat' blinkers are not that easy to see by approaching vehicles. Stand 50 odd yards in front of your '02 with a 'Euro' blinker flashing as if at a road junction. Even at night they're not that brilliant. The bulge type helps a great deal.

• Like 3

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Warms my heart to see the tii touring getting some love.  Also thank you to Les for clarifying uniqueness of “sportpaket” (that also included front Hella lamps).  I was fortunate to have purchased my ‘72 polaris 2000tii the original owner, Franz,  about 20 years ago who bought in Munich before moving to the US (northern San Diego county) in early 70’s to start a career as a machinist.  Although the interior is original, it does need reupholstering and dash has cracks (new pieces in boxes), but dry, straight example.  Salt & Pepper carpet kit purchased from Esty years ago in box awaiting installation. Original block was rebuilt by Bill Holmes (Bavarian Rennsport) and other mechanical bits renewed including suspension.  Cheers.

T.R.

67869BA1-0D5A-48E2-A950-6F3AEDFC1EBB.jpeg

4CB492AD-B8C5-46A7-905C-24575B68820F.jpeg

4454DF7A-9721-473E-8C31-143AE812CD10.jpeg

Edited by tsteph12
  • Like 6