• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Early (1970) Heater Box OR Cable Plate for Temp Switch

JWT

Good morning.  Looking for an entire early heater box and cables with cable switchplate/trays for my 1970 with the 3 lever set up.  I MAY only need one cable switchplate/tray for the right side of the dash that controls the temperature to try and make the later model heater controls work by removing the defrost switch from on top of the switchtray but not sure if that is a solution or not.  My car currently has teh later 4 lever heater box and controls installed and I am trying to bring her back to original with the three piece dash.  etc....hence my current issue.

If you can help me out with either I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you. 

Edited by JWT

I don't know if this can help you, but I have a cable switchplate for the right side of the console (2 lever).  You could just cut off the top lever and use the bottom lever for the heat control.  With the single lever panel on, you would never see it was originally a 2 lever switchplate.

Mark92131

IMG_3323.JPG

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

On 8/7/2022 at 2:56 PM, Mark92131 said:

I don't know if this can help you, but I have a cable switchplate for the right side of the console (2 lever).  You could just cut off the top lever and use the bottom lever for the heat control.  With the single lever panel on, you would never see it was originally a 2 lever switchplate.

Mark92131

IMG_3323.JPG

Thank you Mark.  I am looking at the later controls and trying to figure out how they will attach to the early style three piece dash with the early bezels.  I agree with you that removing the upper lever would be the easiest solution but it seems I still have two look at this all the way through as the cable plates will not attach correctly.........