• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W&N Big brake sale

otisdog

Just a heads up, good through tomorrow...Walloth & Nesch is selling a complete set for converting to ventilated Turbo front brakes, includes calipers, pads, rotors, hubs and all mounting hardware for $ 1,011. You need

tii struts.

Edited by otisdog
  • Like 1

off the top of your head, do you know if turbo brakes and the required hubs/vented rotors decrease wheel offset? 

Does the hub sit farther out from the strut housing than say, a tii set up? 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

I've wondered whether that Turbo vented rotor setup from W&N would clear stock 13" (13x5) wheels or not?  I think the stock Turbo wheels were 13x5.5 and I don't remember their offset.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• Administrators
2 hours ago, danco_ said:

I’ve got these honkers on my car with what looks like plenty of bbk clearance. 

However, inquiring minds want to know. F60A33DF-A2FE-4483-A8D5-766FEA391AF0.thumb.jpeg.4253276cb678216acaf45335bd511a0b.jpeg

98969D06-FE13-471D-AE1A-47AC77E7E1CA.thumb.jpeg.53fe4bb0f9bb45300acfc94b56d286d6.jpeg

You might have enough clearance in the rear for the disc conversion.. 

Steve K. 

• Like 1

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

10 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

If I recall right the turbo wheels had the same offset as the e21's. But that's from my old man memory/

+1

Yes, turbo and e21 steelies are 5 1/2 x 13, ET18. They’re the same rims, but for paint scheme.

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

I've wondered whether that Turbo vented rotor setup from W&N would clear stock 13" (13x5) wheels or not?

+1

Step one: before we get to wheel-fender interference, will a 5x13, ET26, “tii” rim fit over the turbo brake set-up? Surely someone here has tried this.

And will turbo calipers and vented rotors work with tii hubs? I’m guessing the answer is no, or W&N would be offering the setup without turbo hubs. But I don’t know.

Thanks and regards,

Steve

Sorry for the late reply....I bought all of this stuff separately a year ago at greater cost. Before I bought, I asked two things....will my stock factory alloys fit correctly, and will this cause any fender interference with 185's? Answer yes and no. And Steve, you need the Turbo hubs with the Turbo rotors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just ordered a set.  W&N also had a today only 5% off coupon that I applied which essentially paid for the shipping.  The grand total shipped to California was around $1017 US Dollars.  I've been looking at that package for a long time.  Thanks for the heads up and confirmation that it fits the stock 13" alloys and fender clearance with 185's,

John

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

3 hours ago, Lorin said:

Do you know the increase per side in mm ? 

I have notes somewhere, Lorin, just not handy now. I believe the turbo’s front track is about 40 mm wider than a tii’s front track. The turbo’s rear track is narrower than the front, so that difference is reduced, since a tii has identical track front and rear.

Part of the track difference, no doubt, relates to the different offset for turbo rims (18 vs. 26, or so). So I suppose the reminder relates to the turbo hubs…

Best regards,

Steve

I don't think the hubs in this package are actual BMW made Turbo hubs.  I think they're repro hubs, so they might not have the same effect as if using the actual BMW parts.  Not sure.  I guess I'll find out once I try to install them on my 73tii.  I've got an extra set of tii hubs kicking around somewhere so should be able to compare the hubs against the tii ones even before I attempt an install.

• Like 2

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️