• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin headlight grill and headlight

quant

Overall, they are very polarizing and present a bit of a love-it/hate-it situation....in terms of a value adder on a car, I'd say it's negligible.  On my Diana recreation, I've opted to leave them off as I just think they are not proportional to the car's design.

In terms of component cost, its heavily dependent on if it's an early style grill setup ... a la' Diana.  These were grafted together using the stock grills and NK headlight bezels.  These are a LOT more expensive.  To put together a complete "well presenting" setup would cost 2k-5k depending on how much legwork and time you put in.  The later plastic grill setup (as you show) could be done much cheaper, say 1k-2k all in.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Those are the (probably) aftermarket twin 5 1/4" headlight grills; Diana had, I believe, twin 7" headlights.

Anyway, your pic of the headlights makes the light on the right look larger diameter than the left one.....is that correct or just the pic angle?

A few years ago, these would go for around $400-$500 at most, and that included the correct twin headlight buckets and not the E9 or later E30 ones, that supposedly could be used. 

You need to take a pic of the headlight/bucket on its side to see if it's correct.

Unfortunately, pretty sure you have to cut part of the support away for the original headlight bucket; this makes returning it to original somewhat tricky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

All these are after market and there are several different styles using various combos of 7" and 5 1/4" lights depending on the manufacturer, as Les said unless the proper buckets are part of the deal you" have a job adapting or finding something that works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I'd be amazed if any are crack free in 2022. Brittle old plastic and over zealous tightening will crack them in a second (never mind 50 years of Italian parking). They look the same as what came on my touring, which has had the whole head light light architecture cut out and the new twin set-up welded in - not something I'd be keen to do on a good existing front end.

IMG_1132.thumb.jpg.46b09566b20800f4e13b4d4e09b5b7e8.jpg

My old touring had an early front end and a similar looking after market twin grill, but it utilised the original 7" headlights and 5.25" cibie spots simply mounted to the grill, further forward with a chrome bezel - much better aesthetically and no cutting required.

DSC_0008.thumb.jpg.8b871cf3e20e3901c310d02e87f90760.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2022 at 12:48 AM, NickVyse said:

I'd be amazed if any are crack free in 2022. Brittle old plastic and over zealous tightening will crack them in a second (never mind 50 years of Italian parking). They look the same as what came on my touring, which has had the whole head light light architecture cut out and the new twin set-up welded in - not something I'd be keen to do on a good existing front end.

IMG_1132.thumb.jpg.46b09566b20800f4e13b4d4e09b5b7e8.jpg

My old touring had an early front end and a similar looking after market twin grill, but it utilised the original 7" headlights and 5.25" cibie spots simply mounted to the grill, further forward with a chrome bezel - much better aesthetically and no cutting required.

DSC_0008.thumb.jpg.8b871cf3e20e3901c310d02e87f90760.jpg

do those outside frames fit the squaretail  w/o mods?

25 minutes ago, NMDerek said:

do those outside frames fit the squaretail  w/o mods?

my dual healdlight grills? No, they're for the early front end, but they're available for the later too. I've got a latIMG_6325.thumb.jpeg.26b754b1e585f11ddadf82e97f6f0925.jpeger set on my new touring that'll be coming off sometime, but they're in poor condition.

On 6/27/2024 at 11:28 AM, NickVyse said:

my dual healdlight grills? No, they're for the early front end, but they're available for the later too. I've got a latIMG_6325.thumb.jpeg.26b754b1e585f11ddadf82e97f6f0925.jpeger set on my new touring that'll be coming off sometime, but they're in poor condition.

how poor? how soon? are they plug n play adding 1 screw in tag? tia

Cracked, broken, and you'd need to cut out your old headlight buckets and accurately weld in the new twin lights. Plus packaging and shipping that lot safely to the states is probably a non-starter.

Not to hijack this thread, but… the question was, how much are they worth, I also have a set for an early car that I would set free for 500 so to me it’s between 400 -1000

IMG_9479.jpeg

• Like 2

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…