• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Lower Radiator Hose

2002#3

I'm sorry but there's nothing that will pass through the fuel line that will damage a diaphragm pump in anyway. The pump on a m10 will pass a bb and never miss a beat, but having a air pocket due to the filter never being  fully of fuel will reduce the pump suction quite a bit, let alone as the filter clogs, put the filter on the pressure side of the pump before the carb.

Diaphragm Pumps can transfer liquids with low, medium or high viscosities and also liquids with a large solids content

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The filter before pump has no thoughtful basis.  Anything that passes thru the screen in the tank pickup will pass thru the pump easily.  Besides materials in the tank do not float and lay in the tank bottom.   A filter ahead of the pump increases the chance of vapor lock. 

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

BMW never fitted a filter on carb cars before or after the pump, many dealers decided one was needed cause most merican cars had them, although if you look at the pumps the filters were after the pump.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:23 PM, 2002#3 said:

E21 M10 block 

Behr Radiator (year?  series?  not BMW?)  (Photo 1)

Lower Radiator Hose (year?  series?  not BMW?)  (Photo 2)

I have a LRH rubbing against the frame and looking quite nasty.  LRHs for 2002s sand E21s don't look like they will fit b/c the radiator outlet is on the side. 

Q:  Any suggestions re:

• a hose which might have the correct bends, shun the frame, and fit the ticket?  Looks like it might need >4 bends.
  • the BMW series (IF it's BMW) from which the radiator was obtained?  That info might help me find a suitable hose.

Thank you.

Larry

9319493_IMG_81662.thumb.JPG.48454868be203cbf94afa79f4bb18023.JPG

IMG_4757.thumb.jpeg.66a2cbbdc27c4e247033a055377e7e70.jpeg

Fuel filter goes before fuel pump 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:23 PM, 2002#3 said:

E21 M10 block 

Behr Radiator (year?  series?  not BMW?)  (Photo 1)

Lower Radiator Hose (year?  series?  not BMW?)  (Photo 2)

I have a LRH rubbing against the frame and looking quite nasty.  LRHs for 2002s sand E21s don't look like they will fit b/c the radiator outlet is on the side. 

Q:  Any suggestions re:

• a hose which might have the correct bends, shun the frame, and fit the ticket?  Looks like it might need >4 bends.
  • the BMW series (IF it's BMW) from which the radiator was obtained?  That info might help me find a suitable hose.

Thank you.

Larry

9319493_IMG_81662.thumb.JPG.48454868be203cbf94afa79f4bb18023.JPG

IMG_4757.thumb.jpeg.66a2cbbdc27c4e247033a055377e7e70.jpeg

Fuel filter goes before fuel pump 

This is what happened when stuff get through the fuel filter and into the carburetor. Now carry extra fuel filter and tool to replace the fuel filter and take the carb apart and clean on the side of the road.

IMG_20220717_144541306_HDR.jpg

2 hours ago, Hien said:

This is what happened when stuff get through the fuel filter and into the carburetor. Now carry extra fuel filter and tool to replace the fuel filter and take the carb apart and clean on the side of the road.

IMG_20220717_144541306_HDR.jpg

Perhaps a better description would be  “This is what happens when you drive a car with a bad fuel tank. “

Beautiful car . 

I'm all for using a filter, just in the correct spot, with todays gas your mechanical fuel pump needs all the help it can get specially in hot weather.

George S Patton 

Just received this AD from Max,  Could it possibly be this Turbo Radiator hose?...

file.jpg
WWW.MAX2002STORE.COM

Genuine BMW 2002turbo 11531260214 Lower Radiator Hose (no A/C) This is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Act fast! Free Shipping. No Returns

'

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️