• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late 67 Early 68 Rear view mirror

Captain_Keram

1 hour ago, Captain_Keram said:

Hello. I am looking for the rear view mirror for a Late 67, Early 68 1600-2. I have the bracket but the mirror I have is incorrect for the bracket.

Thank you in advance,

Samuel

Samuel,

You might need to show a photo. 1966, 1967, and, probably, early 1968 models used a sleek cast aluminum(?) interior rearview mirror. It’s not of the “breakaway” style that became mandated by U.S. crash standards for the 1968 model year — some of the new standards were not met until January 1968, or thereabouts.

This all assumes you’re referring to the inside rearview mirror, and not the exterior rearview mirror — which would be another reason to post a photo!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

4 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Samuel,

You might need to show a photo. 1966, 1967, and, probably, early 1968 models used a sleek cast aluminum(?) interior rearview mirror. It’s not of the “breakaway” style that became mandated by U.S. crash standards for the 1968 model year — some of the new standards were not met until January 1968, or thereabouts.

This all assumes you’re referring to the inside rearview mirror, and not the exterior rearview mirror — which would be another reason to post a photo!

Regards,

Steve

Sorry about that. Here are photos of the bracket I have and the mirror I have. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Bracket is for the early mirror with a metal tongue that slides into the bracket, both NLA.  The mirror part number is 51167466014.  I would go back through the Classified and search for early 1600 part outs and see if anyone still has this mirror.  Seb had one earlier that sold.

Mark92131

DSC00916.thumb.JPG.a0c8f1df55590734c1de1608ba008464.jpg

• Like 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...