• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower, as in the bottom, trim

First02
Go to solution Solved by Mark92131,

Been searching the forums for what I would have assumed is a common question - but apparently not.  Does anybody what the name is for the trim that goes all the way at the bottom of the doors and fenders between the wheels?  (see photo) Not the knee trim.  Lower than that.  Also be great if anybody knows a good source for where to get it.  Mine never had it, so I have nothing to refurb in this case.

trimquestion.png

• Solution

Rocker Trim in US.  Sill Trim in US is the piece that trims the carpet in the door opening.

Mark92131

og_image.png
WWW.MVPVINTAGEPARTS.COM

Manufacturer of Vintage Car Parts,MVP,BMW2002,BMW,bmwclassiccars,bmwclassic,bmw2002classic,bmw02club,mvpvintageparts,recreate a legacy

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

The MVP set doesn't include everything. It appears to include the front fastener each side (lower front fender hole) but not the other 6 or 7 per side plastic clamps (which are possibly NLA).

Also not supplied is the 3 synthetic strips item 18 (or the glue!!)

front part # 51 72 6 440 147

middle    # 51 72 6 440 148

rear         # 51 72 6 440 149

29.png.c1b807a10e083c53578c5d4db9883cdc.png

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

22 minutes ago, 02Les said:

but not the other 6 or 7 per side plastic clamps (which are possibly NLA).

Maximillian has the proper clips, the only ones that work!  Wallothnesch for the synthetic strips.  The proper glue, TBD.

Mark92131

file.jpg
WWW.MAX2002STORE.COM

The hardware kit includes 15 black clips, 15 retainers and 2 metal clamps. Free Shipping. No Returns

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Thank you everyone for the useful clarifications and pointers.  I will follow up with MVP and Max.  I had seen 'rocker panel' referenced in posts but wasn't sure this was what I was looking for, perhaps because of the whole Yanks/Brits thing.