• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Rattle Kit Install

DaveyG67

Anyone install the door rattle kit from Max. Import? No instruc

tions came with it and can see where most of the parts go without removing the old parts, but was wondering if the door cards need to be removed when doing the install. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Replacing those little grommets are a must, but does the kit include the little rubber/foam buffer things that on a stock car clipped to the door opening long metal rod?  One of my cars still has these (sorry no pic) on that long rod and it kept the rattling noise down when you slammed the door or drove over a bump.  You can easily insulate that rod with some rubber foam, but the original little rubber pieces that snapped on were cool.  Anyone know what piece I'm talking about? 

John

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Yep, square little piece of "foam" that went over the rod and kept it from banging against the inner frame of the door.  I have used little square bits of foam and glue them with just bit of glue to the panel,the rod can easily slide thru the foam back and forth

Thanks, Rick  

• 1 year later...