• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW S14 Engine Wanted

Caffeine_Gasoline

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a new evolution 3  block, crankshaft, rebuilt head, 29.5 mm intake ports, aftermarket cams, forged pauter rods. 95 mm forged pistons, new chains, guides, oil pump, valves , clutch , 48 mm intake, very rare 600 originally built, my block is a replacement block and yes it has  oil squirters, the 2.3 block does not, and you cant bore a 2.3 to 95 mm , built by a master bmw mechanic, for sale, will be run in on a dyno

It is at the machine shop, the recipts are not all in , I would say 20-25 ,000 . thats a new 2.5 evo engine, only used parts are head, intake tract, flywheel, accerories, wiring, controll unit, exaust header, oil pan. built better than stock, forged 600 gram rods, forged pistons, new crank and motorsport bearings, diamon honed bores with tork plate, graphite coated pistons, lightened cam gears, s50 tensioner, new chains, gears, oil pump, guides, valves, shim under bucket lash,  250-60 hp mild cams . 

It is at the machine shop, the recipts are not all in , I would say 20-25 ,000 . thats a new 2.5 evo engine, only used parts are head, intake tract, flywheel, accerories, wiring, controll unit, exaust header, oil pan. built better than stock, forged 600 gram rods, forged pistons, new crank and motorsport bearings, diamon honed bores with tork plate, graphite coated pistons, lightened cam gears, s50 tensioner, new chains, gears, oil pump, guides, valves, shim under bucket lash,  250-60 hp mild cams . 

this engine will be posted on Bring a trailer, the going price for a evo motor can be seen on Racecars direct.com . 20-25 k  the current price for a evo block is 5,000 euro, bare , the evo crankshaft if you can buy one is 3-4,000 euro its NLA , pistons are 1200 us, rods are $1000,  and about 6-8 k for all the other parts,  a s14 is not cheap to build vs m10 , a used stock s14   2.3 can be seen on Bring a trailer under search they range 14,000 to 22,000   so  I can provide it    Bruce

22 hours ago, m-tuner said:

this engine will be posted on Bring a trailer, the going price for a evo motor can be seen on Racecars direct.com . 20-25 k  the current price for a evo block is 5,000 euro, bare , the evo crankshaft if you can buy one is 3-4,000 euro its NLA , pistons are 1200 us, rods are $1000,  and about 6-8 k for all the other parts,  a s14 is not cheap to build vs m10 , a used stock s14   2.3 can be seen on Bring a trailer under search they range 14,000 to 22,000   so  I can provide it    Bruce

Evo cranks pop up all the time on facebook.

Here is a current and local (to me) example: 

444958533_Screenshot2022-11-25at10_02_19AM.thumb.png.96a514de0d84ccd167a1a478a1f70e8d.png

• Like 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

I’m going through this currently. 

I was able to pick up a S14 with a brand new Evo Crank for $11k. The motor had a spun rod bearing and needed a rebuild. Here is my break down so far:

-$1,200 for CP Pistons 94.5mm

-$1,200 for arrow rods

-$1,200 for Evo Crank Bearings (had to source out of Europe as none of the US BMW parts suppliers could provide them)

-$350 for OEM factory 2.5L head gasket (again sourced out of Europe)

-$1,200 New timing chain, guide rails and tensioners 

-$700 new OEM water pump

-$2-3,000 for labor (estimated)

Edited by M3This
Autocorrect errors

It seems funny that they dont show the crank, there  are phony cranks out there from china, they  copy everything, the orginal is a blue/green color from the nitrate/gas process not dark in color, for your info,  the part is NLA and you can only get it if you  can prove ownership of a 2.5 evo block or evo car,   and it is common for #3 or #4 rod to be F up from lack of oil, its a wet sump engine, I have been building race BMW motors  from  the 70 S

On 11/25/2022 at 12:09 PM, M3This said:

I’m going through this currently. 

I was able to pick up a S14 with a brand new Evo Crank for $11k. The motor had a spun rod bearing and needed a rebuild. Here is my break down so far:

-$1,200 for CP Pistons 94.5mm

-$1,200 for arrow rods

-$1,200 for Evo Crank Bearings (had to source out of Europe as none of the US BMW parts suppliers could provide them)

-$350 for OEM factory 2.5L head gasket (again sourced out of Europe)

-$1,200 New timing chain, guide rails and tensioners 

-$700 new OEM water pump

-$2-3,000 for labor (estimated)

Holy shit, 1200 for bearings?

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.