• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 bmw 2002 roundie

johnpeter

Steve, my sense is that some sellers, even though they might make more on the sale, do not like BaT because they do not wish to subject themselves to the crowd sourced commentary and the high maintenance nature of selling a vehicle there -- multiple videos, ever attentive to the myriad of questions, etc.  Just my guess.  That said, your initial advice was spot on.  All I was suggesting was that given his reputation, if Terry Sayther worked on it you can likely bank on the work having been done correctly.  For what it's worth, here's the listing of the car when previously purchased on BaT: 

1606745224f0d6c1eddc27eaIV5A0903-scaled.
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a 1973 BMW 2002 Project at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #41,529.

1974 2002tii Schwarz 

1973 Bavaria Sahara

1976 2002 Sahara once upon a time

Charles,

If you blend in the BaT photos with the current auction photos you have a complete picture of the car in its present state.

Terry Sayther has made significant improvements, up a few notches. The door cards still need cleaned and there is no photo of the headliner in the ebay auction. If you look at photo # 73 and 74 you  can almost smell the mold and want to reach out and reattach the falling down headliner. I can't imagine it hasn't been attended to.

Time to follow the auction.

Steve

Charles, could not agree with you more about BaT. But it is the go to site if you want to get top $$$.

Right now there is a Malaga coupe on BaT that will certainly fetch over $150,000. However the posts on e9coupe by the owner are typical of what it takes mentally and physically to reach the point where BaT posts your car. Without warning of course.

for some reason, it still looks like a project car to me. $40k.......really!

no bumpers, no waist trim (holes are there), seats needing reupolstery, ill fitted "new" carpet, well cracked dash, missing motor room side seals, etc. Hmmm...........

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

02Les,  am with you. Terry has done a lot of important stuff. But it still needs much more. Summer of 2021 it might have gotten close. Now, not so much.  Consider two months ago an all original 1600 that needed only paint, and I do mean only, went for $32,500.

Really nice drivers are in the $20s. We shall see. I am watching. Curious.

Steve