• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sh$#. Guess I'm getting old

Tdh

Just makes me mad it happened. I've done the same thing hundreds of times over decades of working on cars without doing major damage to myself. 

Something about crossing that "50" threshold just hasn't sat right with me, and this just added to the pile of things I don't like about being older. Guess I should be glad I've made it this far! 

I learned the hard way about wearing a watch when I'm near the battery...I've probably done close to 200 oil changes on my '02s but one time I managed to ground the positive battery terminal to the hold down bolt...with my watchband...Turned red hot in about .0002 seconds.  Still have the burn scar on my wrist.  But now, I...

1.  remove watch

2. lay a rag over the battery

3. permanently installed a length of vacuum hose over the end of the battery hold down.  

Amazingly it didn't hurt the watch.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

When my son was learning to turn a wrench we were working on a 2002 and he started to pull really hard on a wrench.  I said, "WAIT!" just as the bolt broke loose and he punched himself in the face.  It was one of those times when you weren't sure if you should laugh or not, but I did.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tdh said:

Just makes me mad it happened. I've done the same thing hundreds of times over decades of working on cars without doing major damage to myself. 

Something about crossing that "50" threshold just hasn't sat right with me, and this just added to the pile of things I don't like about being older. Guess I should be glad I've made it this far! 

For an explanation of what’s happening look no further than science:

S = K LOG W

Entropy - the tendency to move from Order to Disorder increases as time progresses.

AKA More Shit Happens happens when you’re older. Hey, that’s my excuse anyway... 😜 

Ah, wrenching…

093FDDFF-CF53-4870-9D47-1CD872B09F9E.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com