• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My least favourite thing about my 2002

PeterCS

Things I hate about my car...

1. That my car still runs on dead dinosaurs and not electrons...

2. Fuel Economy with Side-Drafts

3. Consistent tuning with Side-Drafts

4. Why did I decide on Side-Drafts? Or does anyone for that matter? Oh yah... they look and sound cool. Should this be it's own number? probably not. 

5. The previous owner (should prolly be #2, but I'm not spending that much time on this post).

6. The cracked vinyl on the top of my rear seat from when a buddy jumped into it aggressively on a cold day. :(

.... Still fine with my seatbelts thou!

Edited by 2002Scoob
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PeterCS said:

I love the car …. But i hate the SEATBELTS!!!

What year?  If you have an early one (68-69-early 70) with the spaghetti belts, I'm with ya.  The loop style belts used 70-71 were somewhat better, but still not as good as the inertia reel belts used from '72 on.  If you have those and they're not functioning properly, plenty of archive stuff on how to adjust 'em (the reel assembly must be absolutely vertical for them to function properly) and "Blue Devils" on the FAQ rebuilds the belt assemblies so they're good as new.  

If you have the earlier style, inertia reel belts can be made to work in their stead, even on the spaghetti belt cars.  I did that with my '69 years ago and they work just fine.

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

#1 Seat belts, why? Apparently the weave has opened up on the webbing or something and if I dont shave for a few days it catches whiskers and pulls them. Twink! ow! Frack!

I'm serious! Maybe its the geometry of the Sport S seats or maybe I just slouch but pisses me off!

The wife smugly says "just shave everyday" where's the fun in that?

Inertia reels in my 76.

#2 have to crank engine every time the car sits for a day to get fuel back in the carb. Yeah I know, need a spacer. Now that Rust Bucket is out of the garage I will bring Survivor in for the winter and give it some love and a carb insulator

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

2 hours ago, Gordon said:

The least favorite thing about my 02 is pulling the heater box. 

Been avoiding that job for a good 25 years. Maybe more...

• Like 2

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR