• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My least favourite thing about my 2002

PeterCS

Heater box really, you should try it on a e28 where Hans installed the heater box as the 1st part after the firewall, any Volvo in the last 40 years requires the complete dash removal, but my old bosses 2018 f350 takes the cake, the whole cab had to be removed from the frame to change the heater fan motor.

• Sad 3

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

I started this string! Sorry about that.

I have a 74 2002 with the original system.

It takes me about 3 minutes to buckle up. First I have to find the female end which has wormed its way to an obsure place between the seats. And then it takes more time get them to snap together. This whole process take 3-4 seconds in a modern car,

Peter

3 hours ago, tech71 said:

#2 have to crank engine every time the car sits for a day to get fuel back in the carb.

A great solution to this is to install an electric booster pump.  Just a cheap little inline thing in the trunk, can even power it from the rear defroster circuit (wires are convenient, already a switch on the dash, etc).  Just flip it on for a few seconds before you start the car to prime the lines and the carb bowl, and does double duty with purging any vapor lock issues after a hot shutdown too!

• Like 4

Bluedevils redid my seatbelts years ago. They are fantastic

Can't stand the lower front fender sand & stone trap, seems I'm always cleaning sand, rocks & pine needles out of there. Need to get a set of Lokari Fender Liners.

• Like 2

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

On 11/1/2022 at 4:20 PM, PeterCS said:

… First I have to find the female end which has wormed its way to an obsure place between the seats…

The female component should be a stiff stalk that always presents itself at your right hand. Does yours need replacement?

Below is my ‘76 — which shares the same Repa belt system found on all late-1973 through 1976 models.

Regards,

Steve

FD2F0D71-FD3A-4BC1-99A9-03B06D8F99AA.jpeg

0C0E285D-B3E8-4441-8C04-A6BFD6A90637.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

3 hours ago, PeterCS said:

I started this string! Sorry about that.

I have a 74 2002 with the original system.

It takes me about 3 minutes to buckle up. First I have to find the female end which has wormed its way to an obsure place between the seats. And then it takes more time get them to snap together. This whole process take 3-4 seconds in a modern car,

Peter

I know the feeling, I also have a ‘74.  If you look at some prior threads, a lot of  people have recommended bluedevils (Al).  I took some photos of my belts, retractor etc a month ago and sent them to Al. Based on their condition, he believes they can be rebuilt, so I agreed to ship them off soon as the driving season ends for me (in a couple of weeks).  I can’t wait! You might want to  take some photos and check in with him.   Tom

5 hours ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

A great solution to this is to install an electric booster pump

I could do that but since this is the car I plan on transplanting the FI from my donor 85 318i(like we discussed in a different thread) I'll just hold off for now

• Haha 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris