• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My least favourite thing about my 2002

PeterCS

Ya know, it just doesn't seem to matter how much wax gets rubbed & scrubbed into the paint and on the chrome-y stuff, and how many gallons of ArmorAll gets soaked into all the rubber bits & pieces, those pesky front rims have steadfastly refused to learn the lesson of being helpful by being self-cleaning ........ 

image.thumb.png.c79dec5e7036a56046fc099f6638ab61.png

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/3/2022 at 11:32 AM, OriginalOwner said:

Ya know, it just doesn't seem to matter how much wax gets rubbed & scrubbed into the paint and on the chrome-y stuff, and how many gallons of ArmorAll gets soaked into all the rubber bits & pieces, those pesky front rims have steadfastly refused to learn the lesson of being helpful by being self-cleaning ........ 

Cheers,

Carl

That's a feature not a bug. It's how you know the caliper is working. 🙃

• Haha 2

I fixed the seatbelts.

The least favourite thing about MINE is that it's a demanding bastard to actually run,

and to get enjoyment out of running it, I can't do much else.

The most favourite thing is that when I devote my life to it, it's spectacularly rewarding

to drive, and even on a bad day, I still crawl out of the cabin with a grin.

t

bkuz racekar

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

On 11/3/2022 at 2:32 PM, OriginalOwner said:

Cheers,

Carl

I feel your pain. My front wheels would become covered with brake dust after just a few hour of driving. That is until I installed a set of Porterfield AP82 RS-4 brake pads. I have tii struts and brakes. They produce practically zero brake dust. Not to mention, they provide excellent braking and don't squeal. Here's a photo of my car after driving to and from the track and doing 50-60 laps that day. 

Edit: Porterfield Pads - Standard 2002 pads P/N AP32

tii Pads P/N AP82. Compound R4-S.

IMG-20160802-201021.JPG

IMG-3466.JPG

Edited by Senna27
  • Like 4

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR