• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Euro BMW 1600-2 - $8,000

Ensign

Price: $8000

Description:

NM/NA

00p0p_9C6JkXRj2nPz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
MAINE.CRAIGSLIST.ORG

Very original and complete round tail light 1600, dark blue, 1.6, 4 cyl, 4 speed, gray interior, stored for 30 years, runs and drives, new tires, brakes, starter, fuel pump etc., virtually no rust...

Tony Garton

1972 2002tii

On 11/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, mbausa2001 said:

Wife got on his case for buying a rust bucket.  $ loss to save marriage!  

Although it really doesn’t look like a quintessential rust bucket...

At $8K, it’s actually looking pretty darned attractive: Caribe blue with gray interior is a darned good, and rare, combination. Early 1967 car with most of its “1967” features intact.

Yes, I realize the seats were re-done and lack the crispness of a more authentic restoration. But they look good enough to move to the very bottom of the restoration’s priority list. I’m guessing the engine is numbers-matching — I’d check. And I’d poke around the floor, rockers, A-pillar bases, and rear tire wells to gauge actual rust. But given that 5-7 year old ‘02’s were being parted, due to rust, in my old southeast Pennsylvania stomping grounds, this car either (a.) spent years in a low-rust area, or (b.) led an exceptionally cared-for life.

If you’re looking for an intact early example, I’d get yourself to Bath, ME, and inspect this car.

Below, borrowed from this forum’s Colors database, is a photo of the car after you’ve dropped some serious dough on a paint job… 👍

Regards,

Steve

D06DECE0-C287-4717-B5BA-18C8C500C09A.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)